How do I open the tower on a DEll GX520 ?

I don't know the reason why you want to open it but I do not condone messing with hardware inside your computer unless you know what you are doing...

With that being said, if you are going to open it, at least make sure the power is off and unplugged from the outlet BEFORE touching or removing anything. In order to open the case, you need to pull that lever on the top of the case in the back and one of the sides should come out.

I hope this helps,

Keith

Thank You for your response.

You were slightly off but did send me in the right direction.

There is a single latch on the left side near the rear and the lid is hinged it swings up to the right and then lifts off.

I bought this critter at a yard sale for $75 last weekend including monitor keyboard and mouse but it only had 512mb of ram I have now upgraded to 4,000mb.

Thank you again.

Thank You for the link.

The tower is lying flat that is why I said the latch was on the side and the top came off :)

If I had it articulated the way the pictures on the site show the latch would have been on the top and the side would have come off.

So reply #1 was correct :)