(Resolved) Malwarebytes does not remove detected items !

I have had the PRO version of this for the last couple of years. I have always had it completely up to date, and turned on with it's highest protection. I have a scan that is set to run twice per day, and I get the same exact result every time.

36 problems found, 36 problems fixed. Every day. Twice a day.

After MB scans the system, it says the problems have been fixed, and it closes.... When I open it back up, there is nothing in the quarantine or anything.

Here is the log and screen shot of the scan.

Any help would be much appreciated, I am close to demanding a refund for this nonsense.

post-145892-0-21512900-1379771406_thumb.

mbam-log-2013-09-21 (06-00-10).txt

Hello and welcome, TShawn1: :)

Many of those detections in your log are PUPs. PUP = Potentially Unwanted Program
MBAM recently changed its policy about them: Malwarebytes Adopts Aggressive PUP Policy
This KB topic explains what they are AND how to decide whether to delete them or keep/ignore them: What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats and should they be deleted?

The default action for PUP detections is 'Show in results list and do not check for removal."

If you want Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove these PUP detections reported after a scan, each item must be checked.

• To do so quickly, you can highlight one of the detections by left clicking on it.
  • Then, right click on the highlighted detection, and select 'Check All Items'.
  • Next, click 'Remove Selected'. That should address the PUP entries.

If you want to keep/ignore the PUP detections, because they are familiar to you and you use them, you can add them to the Ignore List.

If you want to edit the way PUP detections are reported and handled, you can edit the MBAM settings, as described below:

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click the 'Settings' tab.
  • Click the 'Scanner Settings' tab
  • Click the menu bar for each and select one of the following options: "Do not show results in list", "Show in results list and check for removal", or "Show in results list and do not check for removal".
  • When done, click the 'Exit' button

>>>>Having said all that, if you are not sure what to remove and what to ignore, please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Hi:

These topics explain it better than I can:

What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats and should they be deleted?
Malwarebytes Adopts Aggressive PUP Policy
PUP.Optional listings and disputes
Selecting All PUPs

Essentially, they are various forms of junkware, toolbars, wrappers, BHOs and other "legal" software that are often installed along with other programs.
They are generally "cr@pware". ;)
Because they often have a EULA and installation requires the user to opt-out of their installation, they are not "malware" in the strict sense.
And sometimes the user has installed them deliberately and wants to keep them.
As such, the default setting for MBAM is to report them but NOT to automatically select them for removal.

But, you can edit the settings so that they are always both reported AND checked for removal, as explained in my earlier reply and one of the blog posts.

Hope this helps,

daledoc1