Google redirects citing illegal traffic, I think I'm infected

It really depends on your surfing habits and what sites you use.. Have you got any security addons for Chrome, maybe AdBlock Plus and FlashBlock... Get from following links,

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/flashblock/gofhjkjmkpinhpoiabjplobcaignabnl?hl=en

Also have a read at this link: http://www.howtogeek.com/58058/how-to-enable-flashblock-in-chrome-and-make-it-5000-more-secure/

Let me know if all is ok and we can clean up, remove tools etc...

Kevin

Great, I've added those plugins and changed the settings in Chrome about running scripts.
That guide you linked is a bit out of date, the settings are in a different area now. I found this one online and used it instead: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/07/21/configuring-chromes-click-to-play-feature/

Umm so yeah, seems like everything is working great!

Let's clean up.

I am compelled to ask, out of curiosity, do you help people with problems like this virtually daily for no reason other than you enjoy doing it?
Or are you paid by someone, e.g. MalwareBytes?
In which case, it's very cool of them to provide such a service without fee, what do they get out of it? 
Does this work as an early warning on previously undetected infections?

I am compelled to ask, out of curiosity, do you help people with problems like this virtually daily for no reason other than you enjoy doing it?

Or are you paid by someone, e.g. MalwareBytes?

I`m a volunteer like the majority of helpers here at Malwarebytes. I do this as a hobby and get a buzz when I help someone and they give thanks with a kind word when we`re done and their system is clean.

Guys like yourself come here with many different types of malware and infections, Malwarebytes will get lots of information regarding such malware/infections that will help to make their tools stronger, like you said new infections are found and that information is very much an early warning.....

As volunteers we also receive help and guidance from Malwarebytes Guru`s if we need it, I`m by no means an expert and do learn daily when working with malware logs.... any way...

We need to remove FRST,  first it is very important to deal with its own Quarantine folder by using FRST itself..

OK, we continue:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). That will confirm the removal action, delete if successful.

Next,

Delete FRST.exe from your Desktop or the folder it was saved to, navigate to and delete its folder C:\FRST

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

"Delfix link mirror"

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

Activate UAC
    Remove disinfection tools
    Purge System Restore
    Reset system settings

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed.

Let me know if all is clear, if so can we close out..

Thanks,

Kevin.....

fixlist.txt

Hey, sorry for the delay. I've been sick.

Here's the log:

# DelFix v10.6 - Logfile created 01/04/2014 at 15:32:24
# Updated 11/11/2013 by Xplode
# Username : jiro comeputer - BLACKBOX
# Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bits)

~ Activating UAC ... OK

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\_OTM
Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
Deleted : C:\zoek-results.log
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\Addition.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\dds.scr
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\Fixlog.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\FRST.txt
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\HijackThis.msi
Deleted : C:\Users\jiro comeputer\Downloads\OTM.exe
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\OldTimer Tools
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\AdwCleaner
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\Hijackthis

~ Cleaning system restore ...

Deleted : RP #124 [installed DirectX | 03/27/2014 08:18:09]
Deleted : RP #125 [installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable | 03/30/2014 11:40:50]

New restore point created !

~ Resetting system settings ... OK

########## - EOF - ##########

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!