hard drive erased!!!

I ended up reinstalling my sisters windows I backed up everything on a second drive and unplugged it. I reinstalled windows and then plugged in the hard drive and there's nothing on it is there any way to get it back? she lost everything pics, videos,mp3's and alot of other important info.

Did you ever follow the instructions here.

Data Lifeguard Tools has it own backup program and there was no need to unplug the storage drive to reinstall Windows on the other partition. I'm rather lost as to why you lost the information on the storage drive unless you formatted it too.

WD also has a help forum too here.

Google search using key words "file recovery freeware" without quotatiion marks, brings up over 2 millions hits. The first three pages were all "green" sites according to finjan secure browsing plugin. You have nothing to lose. One was for music and video specifically.

Thanks for the replies i didn't have a chance to install data life guard tools on her comp yet there were so many problems with her hd. I was getting hundreds of spyware,trojans,ect. i just thought it would be better to start from scratch that's what i was using the new slave drive for . to back up all her important files. Anyhow my sister is a moron she was looking at the wrong drive when she called me, I had to run home so I had her plug the slave in and reboot( last time i ask her to touch a comp) I greatly appreciate all the help from everyone. I have done all this stuff dozens of times and never had any problems like this before

Thanks for the replies i didn't have a chance to install data life guard tools on her comp yet there were so many problems with her hd. I was getting hundreds of spyware,trojans,ect. i just thought it would be better to start from scratch that's what i was using the new slave drive for . to back up all her important files. Anyhow my sister is a moron she was looking at the wrong drive when she called me, I had to run home so I had her plug the slave in and reboot( last time i ask her to touch a comp) I greatly appreciate all the help from everyone. I have done all this stuff dozens of times and never had any problems like this before

I have replied here to your problem.