• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyWW

JeremyWW

• Honorary Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

I apologise in advance - this is a double post. I posted in Honorary Members and then realised I should probably have posted here...

I've decided to bite the bullet and trial Malwarebytes Beta (1.60) with MSE Beta (v4).

All installed, exclusions set up in both products, but for some reason Malwarebytes thinks I only have 5 days left of my trial!

1) I don't understand that.
2) 5 days is not long enough. Can you folks help me resolve this? Is there a 'Beta Licence'?

Many Thanks.

Win 7 Pro x64, Google Chrome (Stable).

#2 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Unfortunately we have no beta license. Have you ever used the trial on your system before, even with a previous MBAM version? If so, that's likely the reason that the trial time was reduced. If you have a second PC, you can install the beta on that one and use the trial for testing, otherwise you may try the following, though I doubt it would change the amount of time remaining unfortunately:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • Once that is complete, reinstall the beta and attempt to start the trial

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 JeremyWW

JeremyWW

• Honorary Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Unfortunately we have no beta license. Have you ever used the trial on your system before, even with a previous MBAM version? If so, that's likely the reason that the trial time was reduced. If you have a second PC, you can install the beta on that one and use the trial for testing, otherwise you may try the following, though I doubt it would change the amount of time remaining unfortunately:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • Once that is complete, reinstall the beta and attempt to start the trial

I've run mbam-clean and it makes no difference. Is there a Registry key I can re-set that you can tell me about in a PM?

#4 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

No, unfortunately the trial isn't validated through the registry, it's validated by our servers and they log when your machine first started the trial and there's know way around it unfortunately (this is to keep users from having a never-ending trial).
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#5 JeremyWW

JeremyWW

• Honorary Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

No, unfortunately the trial isn't validated through the registry, it's validated by our servers and they log when your machine first started the trial and there's know way around it unfortunately (this is to keep users from having a never-ending trial).

Well, yes, it is unfortunate. Sadly it does not give me enough time to evaluate Malwarebytes effectively, unless it can somehow be reset on your server. I'm not about to pay for a product that I haven't tested to my satisfaction, and with the MSE v MBAM debate still in full swing I need to be as sure as I can. There must be a way around this surely...?

#6 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

There's no way that I know of around it. I don't have control over it so I can't reset your trial on the server or anything like that. As for MSE, I've not tested the beta version of MSE, but I have run MSE (the current release version) alongside 1.60 MBAM beta without issues on every Windows version that MSE installs on (XP, Vista x86 and x64 and 7 x86 and x64) and haven't had any freezing/startup issues at all, not that that's any consolation if you have encountered issues.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users