Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#42 HiSpeed

HiSpeed

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Software Engineering

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

My reinstalled version 1.51.2.1300 was working until I shutdown my computer.

Restarting it, I get now the following error into the Log file:
UtilityReadFile failed with error code 32

Now MB refuses to start with the following message:
PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE(2.2.CreateSDK)

I don't understand these kind of message, are the programmers too much drinking during Christmas time?

#43 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Did you try running the Clean-Uninstall before installing the latest?

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

#44 HiSpeed

HiSpeed

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Sorry but when updating, no message was asking me to run mbam-clean.exe !

I don't trust anymore in the new version, I want only to run the old one which was working great....

#45 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Sorry but when updating, no message was asking me to run mbam-clean.exe !

I don't trust anymore in the new version, I want only to run the old one which was working great....

Sorry I wasn't able to help you.
Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

#46 bearman1

bearman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

It APPEARS, on my puter, anyway, that the free version of Zone-Alarm is doing SOMETHING. I got BOTH Mbam and security essentials running, but no firewall.

I placed the prescribed "iggies" in the proper places in both Mbam and essentials.

Puter is running fine..........

BUT, I GOT NO FIREWALL!!!!!!!

brb....lemme turn it on now...and see what transpires.

#47 bike777

bike777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Similar problem, installed version 1.60.0.1800 and it said the service ran into a problem and had to terminate. Efforts to reinstall ended up in a frozen computer requiring a hard restart. Went back to version 1.51.1.1800 until you guys figure out what you did wrong. Wasted about an hour on this mistake of an update. I'm using Outpost Security Suite 7.1 Free and Spybot S&D version 1.6.2 in a Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3 system. All I got from the Event Log was :

Faulting application mbamservice.exe, version 1.60.0.25, faulting module mbamcore.dll, version 1.60.0.52, fault address 0x00060ae0.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.

And this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 12/28/2011
Time: 2:00:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: -------
Description:
Fault bucket -1540401225.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 2d 31 35 34 30 34 30 31 -1540401
0010: 32 32 35 0d 0a 225..

Please send out a general email or something when you figure out what the problem was.

Disregard, I ran the Clean_Uninstall and now everything is working fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Maybe include that clean uninstaller with every update along with a message to reapply the license key so as to avoid these time consuming issues.

Thanks.

#48 bearman1

bearman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Yep! As SOON as I turned ZA on?........Froze up bigger then $h!t!

So?.........Is not Mbam problem now, eh?

#49 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

The MBAM Team is looking at the ZoneAlarm issues.

In the mean time don't run without a Firewall.
Turn Windows FireWall on until this issue gets corrected.
Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

#50 Aleteen

Aleteen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Two computers are never the same.
During BETA testing no one reported these issues.

I'm using MSE AV and Windows Firewall on this box, but trying to duplicate these issues on another box also without running Clean-Uninstall first.

I had the freeze and mouse lock-up as well. The common factor here is Zone Alarm. I am using that in version 10.1.065. If I keep that disabled, then no problem. However it's my firewall! As soon as I start ZA, my whole machine locks up. I have removed it from run on startup but that's not the point here. You folks need to fix that conflict. It has nothing to do with an uninstall, clean or otherwise. I tried that too. The problem is between the MWB and ZA (and from the posts, other firewalls too).
Hope this helps. We need an answer here.

#51 bearman1

bearman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Thank you. I got the sevurity essentials running with ZA on. I'll just leave Mbam off till ya get things fingered out there.

Major reason why I got essentials running over Mbam, is I can't turn this one off without uninstalling the sucker :unsure:

#52 allendew

allendew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Sounds good. I think I'll give it a try although I don't feel like screwing with a computer all day today but you seem pretty sure. What anti -virus and firewall are you using?

I have dozens of computers running XP/SP3. Most have Windows Firewall turned on; Avast Pro latest version; Malwarebytes Pro. Some have other Antivirus instead of Avast and Malwarebytes Free.

All are working with MB v1.6 now after running the MBAM-Clean software.

#53 Aleteen

Aleteen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

That's what we needed to hear. Understood that surprises occur in development and that a clue is needed to speed up the fix. Now that you have it, we look forward to your fast response. We all know how effective Windows Firewall isn't!

Thanks folks!

#54 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Running the Clean-Uninstall first is working for some.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

#55 sunrisecc

sunrisecc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Running the Clean-Uninstall first is working for some.

That did it for me with Win XP Sp3 and Avast.

Thank you.
Seymour

#56 sept2749

sept2749

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

I followed your instructions to the "T". Malwarebytes pro (registered) and Avast 6 free are now working. The problem is the new Checkpoint Zone Alarm- it won't start and when it does it freezes the computer. Please find a fix or give me the name of a free easy to use firewall that is compatible. Thank you - so far we are making progress. Only wasted 1 hr. today. Last night 3 hrs.:) While I wait for a response I am using the windows firewall and a web shield from Avast.

#57 bearman1

bearman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

I followed your instructions to the "T". Malwarebytes pro (registered) and Avast 6 free are now working. The problem is the new Checkpoint Zone Alarm- it won't start and when it does it freezes the computer.

That sounds familiar....... :)

Leastwise, it seems we're getting closer to the crux of the biscut here.

#58 HiSpeed

HiSpeed

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Once again, I reinstalled the old version, after a clean-up, with ZA fully running !

No need to reboot, so I'd like to know now why the new version asks a reboot?

#59 Rox829

Rox829

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

I don't have Zone Alarm, so that can't be my problem. Had similar issues as everyone else though. Did the update to MBAM 1.6 to my desktop and program wouldn't run. Got the "Windows has encountered a problem" error, followed by "MBAMService has terminated unexpectedly -- see event log for details". Tried to do a System Restore to the previous day, hoping I could get my old MBAM back, but still wouldn't run. This time the error was "Runtime error 5' invalid procedure call or argument".

My setup is simple on both of my computers: Windows XP SP3, AVG 9 antivirus (free version), Windows firewall.

Thankfully, I hadn't updated my laptop to MBAM 1.6, so was able to copy some files from the MBAM directory there to my desktop and got that back to my original MBAM 1.5 (although the About tab still says it's version 1.6).

Meanwhile, I've unchecked "Download and install program update if available" under Settings in MBAM on both computers, so that it lets me continue to update database files without forcing me to install 1.6.

I've got my ID and key codes for the Pro version for both my computers if I have to uninstall and reinstall and use the clean utility program that's been mentioned, but I'll wait and see what the final word is before I do anything further.

#60 Markgc

Markgc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

I have a similar lockup problem on my Dell PC running Avira and an earlier version of Zone Alarm 4.5.594.0000. I see that Malwarebytes has updated on my other HP laptop. I won't reboot the HP machine. Is there any way to prevent the update from occurring.

I hope that this gets fixed soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users