• This topic is locked This topic is locked
435 replies to this topic

#21 CFK

CFK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

i to updated my xp pro to 1.6 and now will not start, i have paid version but must find key now. not running zone alarm and no other software but avg whiched worked ok before the update

thanks
charles

#22 bearman1

bearman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yep Sirs, and/or Madams, I am resembling the above remarks.

I also run micro-security essentials and ZA(free). Windows XP sp3 & FF bowser (have ie8, but never use it)

I don't activate MB except on occasion, just to run a check.

T'was fine until this recent update.

Seen the clean proggie and used that, thinking it would resolve the issue. Worked fine updateing and all UNTIL, I enabled protection module. Then she froze up tighter then a welldiggers arse in Idaho :)

Should I disable ZA and try that?

Thanks

#23 Solomat

Solomat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

I am also having a similar problem after updating to 1.60. I have windows xp sp3 installed and I run Microsoft Security Essentials. When I rebooted after installation, MBAM crashes and prompts me to send an error report. For what its worth, below is the error report details it would like to send.

szAppName : mbamservice.exe szAppVer : 1.60.0.25
szModName : mbamcore.dll szModVer : 1.60.0.52 offset : 00060ae0

Sorry for all the posting. I should have been more clear. I had not tried to clean/re-install. I just did and it seems to be working fine now. Hopefully the problem is fixed.

#24 CFK

CFK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

the service was stopped on both machines i have this running on, started service on one machine but still won't start on boot (loads by clock) checked service and is running and same error signature as above. on other machine i uninstalled 1.6 and reinstalled older version and works free version but need to find key to see if works paid. severe problem with this update atleast on xp and i have xp pro sp3.

thanks again
charles

#25 CFK

CFK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

update and sorry, on reboot program loads and mbamservice is running till you try to open the program, then you get the send error and problem with mbam service and it turns off the mbamservice.

#26 SirStrider

SirStrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

I just zipped both dds.txt and attach.txt into one file.

I've also reported this to support.

Attached File  dds - attach txt files.zip   10.52KB   207 downloads

#27 sept2749

sept2749

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

I too am running WIn. xp Pro sp3 with Avast 6 free, Zone Alarm and Malwarebytes anti - malware and after the 12/27 update my computer will not work. When I reboot my mouse does not work - I can't do anything with the keyboard - the system freezes and I must do a hard reboot. I then went to safe mode and uninstalled Malwarebytes. Now I don't have a malware program that works. I paid for this and need it to work. You guys need to help us out here - it's your new version --too many people have the exact some problem with this update. Please help ASAP.

#28 CFK

CFK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

here is my two file from dds.scr, hope zipped is ok

thanks
charles

Attached Files

#29 CFK

CFK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

one thing that is working so far is the xp pro 64 bit version is updating and scanning just fine so far. i have a total of 5 machines running this program plus alot of my customers are using it. please repair asap

thanks
charles

#30 SharonC

SharonC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

I am running Windows XP SP3, Malwarebytes Pro, Microsoft Security Essentials, and PrivateFirewall. When Windows starts it freezes. The keyboard and mouse do not work. I have to do a hard boot. I went into safe mode, disabled the PrivateFirewall, and now everything works. Everything was working fine until the last Malwarebytes update. There must be some conflict between Malwarebytes and certain firewalls. I am now using Windows XP firewall which works fine but is not a very good firewall. I want to go back to my other firewall. Please fix this issue.

#31 bearman1

bearman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

Alright, I tried putting Mbam in security essentials, and vicey versey in Mbam and enabling protection module....Freeze!

Then, I rebooted into safemode and deleted Mbam. Rebooted into normal and ran that "clean" proggie.

Then, I tried d'loading a fresh copy of Mbam to which I got most of it, and it just stopped...OK?, So, I deleted that and tried again and got even less...... :)

Am assuming you pulled the current D'load to address these issues?

But, I dunno, I be just a dumb truckdriver in illinois..... :rolleyes:

Anyways....here are the files:

Attached File  attach.rar   3.72KB   167 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  dds.txt   16.77KB   152 downloads

#32 sept2749

sept2749

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

we are on our second page of very similar if not exact complaints regarding 12/27/11 update. Please come up with a fix ASAP.
Thank you
Richard W

#33 Pollyanna

Pollyanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

we are on our second page of very similar if not exact complaints regarding 12/27/11 update. Please come up with a fix ASAP.
Thank you
Richard W

And probably lots 'o people like me with the same problem, just nodding their heads, but not bothering to post about it - or not understanding enough about the issue to post about it. Just waiting for a fix. Or some kinda response. Hello.

#34 allendew

allendew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

I had problems with version 1.6 upgrade on all my XP with SP3 computers. Get the popup message that update was available. Clicked to upgrade to 1.6. Had to reboot computer. MBAM reported failure on startup and offered to send report to Microsoft. Rebooted computer with same error at startup of MBAM.

Looked into MB Forum and saw that a CLEAN uninstall of MBAM was needed. Downloaded the MBAB-Clean software and ran that software. Rebooted computer. Downloaded the version 1.6 from MB web site. Installed version 1.6. MBAM started normally and updated the definitions from 12-24 to 12-28. No problems and everything appears to be normal again.

Something in the MBAM-Clean software takes care of the problem. I used this on a dozen different XP-SP3 computers, and version 1.6 now works on all of them.

#35 sept2749

sept2749

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

And probably lots 'o people like me with the same problem, just nodding their heads, but not bothering to post about it - or not understanding enough about the issue to post about it. Just waiting for a fix. Or some kinda response. Hello.

Please post - we need to get these guys working - let's put the pressure on. Hi!

#36 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue: Post back and let us know please

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#37 sept2749

sept2749

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

I had problems with version 1.6 upgrade on all my XP with SP3 computers. Get the popup message that update was available. Clicked to upgrade to 1.6. Had to reboot computer. MBAM reported failure on startup and offered to send report to Microsoft. Rebooted computer with same error at startup of MBAM.

Looked into MB Forum and saw that a CLEAN uninstall of MBAM was needed. Downloaded the MBAB-Clean software and ran that software. Rebooted computer. Downloaded the version 1.6 from MB web site. Installed version 1.6. MBAM started normally and updated the definitions from 12-24 to 12-28. No problems and everything appears to be normal again.

Something in the MBAM-Clean software takes care of the problem. I used this on a dozen different XP-SP3 computers, and version 1.6 now works on all of them.

Sounds good. I think I'll give it a try although I don't feel like screwing with a computer all day today but you seem pretty sure. What anti -virus and firewall are you using?

#38 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Two computers are never the same.
During BETA testing no one reported these issues.

I'm using MSE AV and Windows Firewall on this box, but trying to duplicate these issues on another box also without running Clean-Uninstall first.
Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#39 Pollyanna

Pollyanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

Thank you allendew. I am running XP/SP3 with free Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. After (required)update of Malwarebytes today, it reported failure.

The Clean uninstall apparently did the trick. I downloaded MBAM again and chose the free 14 day trial and all appears to be good now. Thanks again.

#40 bike777

bike777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Similar problem, installed version 1.60.0.1800 and it said the service ran into a problem and had to terminate. Efforts to reinstall ended up in a frozen computer requiring a hard restart. Went back to version 1.51.1.1800 until you guys figure out what you did wrong. Wasted about an hour on this mistake of an update. I'm using Outpost Security Suite 7.1 Free and Spybot S&D version 1.6.2 in a Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3 system. All I got from the Event Log was :

Faulting application mbamservice.exe, version 1.60.0.25, faulting module mbamcore.dll, version 1.60.0.52, fault address 0x00060ae0.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.

And this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 12/28/2011
Time: 2:00:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: -------
Description:
Fault bucket -1540401225.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 2d 31 35 34 30 34 30 31 -1540401
0010: 32 32 35 0d 0a 225..

Please send out a general email or something when you figure out what the problem was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users