(Solution Added) You need to add "Select All" to removal screen

After a scan I have about 200 PUP type threats that are unselected and no "Select All" feature to check them all. The only way is to check one-by-one.

So would I really check them one-by-one?

I even tried shift click like you can do in file manager and that does not work.

Please add a "Select All" button feature.

Greetings :)

If you open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and access the Settings tab then click Scanner Settings you can modify the settings for PUP detections (Potentially Unwanted Programs). By default, the setting is Show in results list but do not check for removal but you can change it to Show in results list and check for removal. That will have all PUP type detections already selected for removal by default in your scan results list.

Thanks for the suggestion. That would require additional time to repeat the scan though.

I still think my user experience suggestion is a valid one. I would like the developers to consider it.

gmail has a "Select All" checkbox, it is not an uncommon feature where you have a long list of checkboxes.

Mike

If you did this in the first place, after MBAM is installed, then the setting would be retained, but I see what you mean and I agree that a 'Select all' checkbox at the top would be useful (not only for detections, but also for the Quarantine tab and Logs tab as well).

I will certainly bring this up to the developers for consideration :).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I were the developer in charge, I'd do a couple of things. Add a check box next to Vendor in title line that does a check all. Then I'd add the logic of Ctrl-Click to select multiples and Shift-Click to select everything in between. I think both of these are extremely common options. 

If the developer in charge want's to do something simple instead, Add the text "Right Click for Options" somewhere on this window. In fact, do this even if you do the above!

• 3 weeks later...

2.5 years later and Malwarebytes still hasn't acted on this simple solution? Guys, the right-click idea was an aftersight. It's not good programming. How many of your end users really know about that option? You guys really need to add a button to check all. Your other "workarounds" are just lazy.

• 2 years later...