• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlexC

AlexC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Is there any "official" link to download the latest definitions?

How should i procedure to update Malwarebytes offline?

Thanks!

#2 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi, AlexC:

Please see the FAQ - Section A - Item #4 about updating offline.
Also, you can also download a manual update from here.
NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program

ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.
SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

• Windows XP and 2000
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

Note: Starting with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60, you must also copy the file database.conf located within the Configuration folder which is in the same folder as rules.ref listed above.

HTH,

daledoc1

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#3 AlexC

AlexC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi, AlexC:

Please see the FAQ - Section A - Item #4 about updating offline.
Also, you can also download a manual update from here.
NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program

HTH,

daledoc1

Thanks!
The problem is that when the manual update (the installer) is used, MBAM crashes and won't start. This happened in two computers with Win7.

#4 David H. Lipman

David H. Lipman

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
  • Interests:Malware Research, dSLR Photography, Numismatics & Surf Fishing

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks!
The problem is that when the manual update (the installer) is used, MBAM crashes and won't start. This happened in two computers with Win7.

Actually, you are the second person who has reported this problem. The other person was on Usenet.
David H. Lipman
DLipman@Verizon.Net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users