#1 Moogle

Moogle

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000

DOWNLOAD: http://www.malwareby...alwarebytes_pro

Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.

Issues Fixed:

• Fixed issue resulting in freezes in certain third-party security products on Windows XP.
• Fixed issue where ignore list was not reloaded after a database update.
• Fixed issue where certain malformed ignore list data would result in a mbamcore.dll crash.
• Fixed issue where desktop icon was not created on certain upgrade installations.
• Fixed issues with Dutch, Belarusian, and Korean language files.
• Added Greek language file.
Rebecca Kline
Chief Marketing Officer

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#2 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Good work everyone. ;)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#3 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Yes, "conga-rats" to the MBAM team! :D

Ran the installer for an "on top" upgrade on both rigs (as opposed to my usual, overly paranoid & excessively conservative clean installs ;) ) - no problems to report.

daledoc1

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#4 marc57

marc57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thank You, Did an Update on two Win. 7 systems (32 and 64 bit) with no problems.
Posted Image

Using:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
SpywareBlaster
CCleaner
On Windows 7 H/P 64 bit

#5 Mc752

Mc752

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

I get an error message every time I attempt to install the upgrade. I've restarted my computer twice and the message states something about a corrupt file and installation was not completed, restart the computer. Which I have done but it's an endless loop. I have the pro version, should I download it from this site and try again, perhaps the update was damaged?
Thank you,

#6 Rednose

Rednose

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thnx guys :)

I have updated using the internal updater, and all went fine.

Greetz, Red.

#7 jadinolf

jadinolf

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Anything computer or Basset Hounds

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Most appreciated everyone.

I have PRO on all 5 computers and all went well. No surprises.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

#8 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,477 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I get an error message every time I attempt to install the upgrade. I've restarted my computer twice and the message states something about a corrupt file and installation was not completed, restart the computer. Which I have done but it's an endless loop. I have the pro version, should I download it from this site and try again, perhaps the update was damaged?
Thank you,

Where did you obtain the update ?
Did you disable your Anti-Virus when trying to do the update?
What AV and Operating System are you using?

Thanks

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#9 hayc59

hayc59

Elite Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thank you

Posted Image
'Never Forget'
Moderator-Beta Tester @
Outpost Users Support Forum

Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security-13

#10 pboak81

pboak81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Will Corporate obtain a version upgrade as well? Curious if Chameleon is available for the Corporate license. Thx!

#11 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,477 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yes, the corporate version will be going to 1.6x hopefully within the next month if all testing goes well.

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#12 dallas7

dallas7

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

(Running MBAM Pro on an E8400 tower WinXPproSP3x86 and on an i5 laptop Win7hpSP1x64.)

I have come to notice, ever since the latter became an option (and still with no reference in Help), that having "Download and install program update if available" unchecked and "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation" checked serves no purpose. The juxtapostion of these items imply exclusivity. The "notify me" should be indented as it is dependent on the former, that being "automatic" but not called out as so. This could benefit also from an third option to just notify there's an update available.

Cheers.

#13 Guest_Seagull_*

Guest_Seagull_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

I wasn't having any issues at all before but, I did upgrade to the latest version and everything is still running flawless on Windows 7 x64 with ESET Smart Security. Thanks MBAM Team. :)

#14 iroc9555

iroc9555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi guys.

Good job. Did my update trough MBAM updater. Every thing running nicely on my rig.

Thanks.
Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS410. C2D E6600 2.40 GHz. 2 GB SDRAM. XP Pro_86 Spk 3. IE 8 & FF 20.
Avast! Free 8. CIS 5.12 (Firewall/D+). MBAM 1.75 Pro. SpywareBlaster. WinPatrol +. WOT. SAS (On demand).

" We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things... " Albert Einstein
" When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth... " Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (Sherlock Holmes).

#15 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

I have come to notice, ever since the latter became an option (and still with no reference in Help), that having "Download and install program update if available" unchecked and "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation" checked serves no purpose. The juxtapostion of these items imply exclusivity. The "notify me" should be indented as it is dependent on the former, that being "automatic" but not called out as so. This could benefit also from an third option to just notify there's an update available.

:lol:

I don't recall ever noticing that before. Perhaps the redundant option should at least be grayed out when "Download and install program update if available" isn't checked?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#16 mountaintree16

mountaintree16

bird lover

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, music, birds, bird watching, walking, reading, animals, computer security, poetry...

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

No problems here to report on both XP SP3 w. KAV & Vista w. MSE :) Both obtained via internal updater :)

Great job Malwarebytes! :D

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives.
It's what we do consistently.

Tony Robbins

#17 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I finally allowed the update to install this morning via the internal updater, and haven't had any issues yet. ;)

#18 mangkaw

mangkaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

i updated malwarebytes and had an error.... how can you fix this? im using XP 32bit...

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (5,0, MBAMFILeIO::WriteFile)

Access is denied.

#19 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,477 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Please try the following mangkaw

Please do the following:
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#20 fivealive

fivealive

Elite Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

only issue i noticed is that the program went into delayed start up again it seems to do this on every update though so its not a big of a deal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users