47 replies to this topic

#41 Elise

Elise

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Multiple services are still failing to load. As no non-plug and play drivers seem malfunctioning the best option here would be to do a system restore to before the problems started. We can then look for any malware in the logs and remove it without all services been affected.
regards, Elise

If I am helping you and I haven't replied within 24 hours, please feel free to send me a PM.

Posted Image

#42 pinpouet

pinpouet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

I've disabled system restore when starting to clean my infection :unsure:

#43 Elise

Elise

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I know some recommend that, but as you can see not the best thing to do. ;)

BACKUP THE REGISTRY
---------------------------
Backup Your Registry with ERUNT
  • Please download Erunt
  • Run the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.

Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exe

Please download PsExec. Extract it and drop psexec.exe onto your desktop.

Then please do the following:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select "run administrator".
Copy/paste the following text at the command prompt and press enter after each line:

cd C:\users\admin\desktop

(if you're not running this from the useraccount admin please replace accordingly. If you prefer to store the psexec.exe elsewhere, please adapt the path accordingly)

psexec -s swreg.exe ACL "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root" /GE:F

Now download and merge this following Registry Fix:
http://download.blee...EGACY_NETBT.reg

Once the reg fix has been successfully merged run this following command from an elevated command prompt:

cd C:\users\admin\desktop

psexec -s swreg.exe ACL "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root" /RE:F

Now reboot and let me know if you notice any change. Post a new attach.txt log as well after a reboot.
regards, Elise

If I am helping you and I haven't replied within 24 hours, please feel free to send me a PM.

Posted Image

#44 pinpouet

pinpouet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

• install and backup of the registry ok
  • granting registry right for everyone, swreg.exe exited with error code 0
  • keys & values successfully added to the registry
  • revoking registry right for everyone, swreg.exe exited with error code 0
No change after rebooting the computer :mellow:

Attached Files

#45 Elise

Elise

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

As you have no restore points unfortunately there isn't anything more we can try here.

You could attempt to do a Startup Repair, by pressing F8 on boot up and selecting Repair Windows, but I doubt that will fix the driver problems.
regards, Elise

Posted Image

#46 pinpouet

pinpouet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Thanks for the help and the time you give me

I've backuped my data and install a clean image on the computer.
Time to install and reconfigure all my tools

What kind of free soft could i use to never live that again ?

#47 Elise

Elise

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

I'm glad to hear things are running okay now and I hope you'll get all your applications up and running as soon as possible.

Please read these advices, in order to prevent reinfecting your PC:
  • Install and update the following programs regularly:
    • an outbound firewall. If you are connected to the internet through a router, you are already behind a hardware firewall and as such you do not need an extra software firewall.
      A comprehensive tutorial and a list of possible firewalls can be found here.
    • an AntiVirus Software
      It is imperative that you update your AntiVirus Software on regular basis.If you do not update your AntiVirus Software then it will not be able to catch the latest threats.
    • an Anti-Spyware program
      Malware Byte's Anti Malware is an excellent Anti-Spyware scanner. It's scan times are usually under ten minutes, and has excellent detection and removal rates.
      SUPERAntiSpyware is another good scanner with high detection and removal rates.
      Both programs are free for non commercial home use but provide a resident and do not nag if you purchase the paid versions.
    • Spyware Blaster
      A tutorial for Spywareblaster can be found here. If you wish, the commercial version provides automatic updating.
  • Keep Windows (and your other Microsoft software) up to date!
    I cannot stress how important this is enough. Often holes are found in Internet Explorer or Windows itself that require patching. Sometimes these holes will allow an attacker unrestricted access to your computer.
    Therefore, please, visit the Microsoft Update Website and follow the on screen instructions to setup Microsoft Update. Also follow the instructions to update your system. Please REBOOT and repeat this process until there are no more updates to install!!
  • Keep your other software up to date as well
    Software does not need to be made by Microsoft to be insecure. You can use the Secunia Online Software occasionally to help you check for out of date software on yourmachine.
  • Stay up to date!
    The MOST IMPORTANT part of any security setup is keeping the software up to date. Malware writers release new variants every single day. If your software updates don't keep up, then the malware will always be one step ahead. Not a good thing.
Some more links you might find of interest:
Please reply to this topic if you have read the above information. If your computer is working fine, this topic will be closed afterwards.

regards, Elise

Posted Image

#48 screen317

screen317

MBAM Sentinel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,486 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
Chris Fistonich
Research Team

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RootKit ZeroAccess Trojan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users