Cannot download-run or download-save ANY antimal software
Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM
I cannot get past square one. The malware controlling this computer prohibits the download - save - run of ANY form of antivirus-antimalware software. Every attempt to bring a repair type program onto this computer results in the following message at the bottom of the screen:
" [-fill-in-the-blank of ANY antivirus tool-] contained a virus and was deleted." Every attempt using any tool from any publisher meets this fate.
Safe mode has the same results. I ran a Kaspersky boot disk scan (with updates), three malware files were found and quarantined, but the same problem remains. I cannot install Malwarebytes Anti-malware, or do Step 1, download dds.scr (dds.com). The original antivirus program (AVG) is a disabled shell - completely nonfunctional. This computer has Vista Home Premium (32bit), SP2.
Other aspects of the computer are fine. Did several Microsoft Updates with reboots, everything installed fine. But antimalware programs are blocked.
I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thank you.
Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:03 AM
- If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at email@example.com or here (http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home). If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
- I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
- Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
- Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
- Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
Please follow the instructions here to install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on your computer:
If you succeed, post the log file from Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:28 PM
Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:50 AM
Glad I could help, Joe! Have a nice weekend!
Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:34 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.
Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook
I close my threads if there is 5 days without a response.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users