• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#41 jumperjudy

jumperjudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

As the computer is currently running OK, I'm going to leave it a while, as my husband really needs to use it rather than the laptop. When he has another slack time, I will reload the OS as you suggest.

Vielen Danke!

Judy

#42 Larusso

Larusso

Selecta Jahrusso

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Dancehall DJing, Fighting against Babilon, Bodybuilding

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

When he has another slack time, I will reload the OS as you suggest.

No Problem, I do not see any kind of running Malware in the latest logs.

I see you have no Service Pack installed. For WIn 7 Sp1 has been released a long time ago. This can be installed with the Auto Update Function from Windows.

Now that you appear to be free from malware lets help you stay that way!

It is vital that you keep your system up to date
  • Please enable Automatic Updates to keep your system up to date.
  • Windows Updates
    • Win XP: Start --> Control Panel and double- click on Automatic Updates.
    • Vista / 7: Start --> Control Panel --> System and Security --> Windows Updates
  • Software Updates
    Your installed Software also can have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
    To keep your installed Software up to date I recommend File Hippo.

Anti Virus Software
Make sure to have one Anti Virus programme installed and update it on a regular basis. It is useless with out of date definitions.

Additional Protection
  • Malwarebytes Anti Malware
    The freeware Version is an on demand scanner which will check your system for malware. Update it once a week and run a Quick Scan. You can also buy a licence which offers more features.
  • WinPatrol
    WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.

Safer Browsing

Use an alternate browser
Other browsers tend to be more secure than IE as they do not make use of active x objects. Active x objects can be used by spyware as an infection point on your computer.
Note: If you use Firefox you may want to have a look on this Add Ons.

Computer Maintenance
Clean out your temp files on a regular basis -I recommend TFC ( Temp File Cleaner ).

Thinking while surfing
There is no software which will protect your system from yourself.
I have included some security related articles that I advise you read through in your own time. These articles will give you tips and advice on preventing infection, and how to stay safe whilst browsing the internet.

If you have any questions kindly ask.

Please respond to this thread one more time so we can mark this thread as resolved.

regards, Daniel

There will never be peace in a war so I don't understand what they are fighting for

I'll always help for free but if you want to support me in my fight against malware, please btn_donate_SM.gif

#43 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,550 posts
  • Interests:Security, Windows, Windows Update, malware prevention

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
Maurice Naggar
Product Support

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

I close my threads if there is 5 days without a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users