Please advise if you have resolved your issues. If not, and you need guided help, please start with the following. If I do not hear back from you in 4 days, this topic will be closed.Step 1a
Disable CD-ROM Emulation Software:
Please download the following tool DeFogger
to your desktop.
◦Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
◦The application window will appear
◦Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers.
◦Click Yes to continue
◦A 'Finished!' message will appear
◦DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
◦IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.
◦Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Step 1b
1. Go >> Here <<
and download ERUNT
(ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)
2. Install ERUNT by following the prompts
(use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)
3. Start ERUNT
(either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)
4. Choose a location for the backup
(the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
5. Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked
6. Press OK
7. Press YES to create the folder.Step 2
To show all files:
- Go to your Desktop
- Double-Click the Computer icon.
- From the menu options, Select Tools, then Folder Options.
- Next click the View tab.
- Locate and uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
- Locate and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Locate and click Show hidden files and folders and drives.
- Click Apply > OK.
Download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT)
and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Download Security Check
by screen317 and save it to your Desktop: here
- Run Security Check
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the command window.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; close Notepad. We will need this log, too, so remember where you've saved it!
Close all open browsers at this point.Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware
applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
For directions on how, see How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
Do NOT turn off the firewall
Start Internet Explorer
Using Internet Explorer
browser only, go to BitDefender Quickscan
and click "Start Scan".
Observe your browser in case it shows a notice/message bar to allow download and installation of a tool.
Allow the download and install of qsax.cab from BitDefender. Right-click the IE info bar and select Install to install the BitDefender quick scan module.
If prompted, reply yes to allow it to run.
Press the Allow button and follow prompts.
Press the "Start Scan" once more.
You'll see the EULA in a pop-up window. Click the I accept
& then the OK button
Note: The FAQ is here --> http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/faq/
and that QuickScan has no removal capability.
The site boasts a 60-second scan. Do have patience as it likely will take longer.
It may seem to stall at moments, but have patience; it will move on.
You'll see a progress bar at top right of window.
Hopefully you will see a No infections found in the bar-winddow. Press the View Log button.
The log report will show in your text editor. Save the log.
Do a Select ALL, Copy. Then paste contents into your next reply.
RE-Enable your antivirus program.
Copy & Paste contents of Log.txt & Info.txt & Checkup.txt & log from Bitdefender.
Use separate replies as needed if logs do not fit into one reply box.