www.searchnu.com/406

Malware is redirecting Firefox to www.searchnu.com/406. I have attached a screen shot showing the redirect.

Neither F-Secure nor Malwarebytes has removed this problem.

Please advise on what to do. There is little online about this issue and most sites discussing it seem to be fraudulent.

Ran dds but only one file created which I have attached.

Please assist.

post-109198-0-99820700-1331019372.jpg

DDS.txt

• Staff

Hi,

You are getting this because you have installed the Windows iLivid Toolbar that was bundled in the Ilivid player install. That's why it's always a good practice to read the screens during programs install, because there, you would have got the option to uncheck the Windows iLivid Toolbar during install. I have also blogged about this recently: http://miekiemoes.bl...d-toolbars.html

Anyway, please uninstall the Windows iLivid Toolbar via software > add & remove programs.

Make sure your Internet Explorer and Firefox is closed when you do this, otherwise it won't properly uninstall.

Reboot after uninstall. (important step as this is needed to unhook the leftovers, so they can get deleted)

Then relaunch your Firefox and change your homepage back to what you want (as the homepage is normally not changed back after uninstalling the Windows iLivid Toolbar).

Let me know if that fixed your issue.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!