Can't remove malware

okay so I ended up being stupid enough to get a trojan, from time to time it'll open up IE with ads etc. even if I'm using another browser, I've got malwarebytes warnings from a ping.exe and there's been drama with a "hitachi Phone Dialer" in my temp folder under the name setup.exe(undeletable)

anyway I've tried spybot, malwarebytes and combofix and I'm still running into errors but I'll attach logs hereDDS.txtAttach.txtcombofixlog.txt

thanks for your time

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Please advise if this has been resolved. If not and you need guided help, do the following.

Step 1

1. Go >> Here << and download ERUNT

(ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)

2. Install ERUNT by following the prompts

(use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)

3. Start ERUNT

(either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)

4. Choose a location for the backup

(the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).

5. Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked

6. Press OK

7. Press YES to create the folder.

Step 2

To show all files:

• Go to your Desktop
  • Double-Click the Computer icon.
  • From the menu options, Select Tools, then Folder Options.
  • Next click the View tab.
  • Locate and uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
  • Locate and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
  • Locate and click Show hidden files and folders and drives.
  • Click Apply > OK.

Step 3

Download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.

• Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Step 4

Download Security Check by screen317 and save it to your Desktop: here or here

• Run Security Check
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the command window.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; close Notepad. We will need this log, too, so remember where you've saved it!

Step 5

Close all open browsers at this point.

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

For directions on how, see How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do NOT turn off the firewall

Start Internet Explorer

Using Internet Explorer browser only, go to BitDefender Quickscan website:

http://quickscan.bitdefender.com

and click "Start Scan".

Observe your browser in case it shows a notice/message bar to allow download and installation of a tool.

Allow the download and install of qsax.cab from BitDefender. Right-click the IE info bar and select Install to install the BitDefender quick scan module.

If prompted, reply yes to allow it to run.

Press the Allow button and follow prompts.

Press the "Start Scan" once more.

You'll see the EULA in a pop-up window. Click the I accept & then the OK button

Note: The FAQ is here --> http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/faq/

and that QuickScan has no removal capability.

The site boasts a 60-second scan. Do have patience as it likely will take longer.

It may seem to stall at moments, but have patience; it will move on.

You'll see a progress bar at top right of window.

Hopefully you will see a No infections found in the bar-winddow. Press the View Log button.

The log report will show in your text editor. Save the log.

Do a Select ALL, Copy. Then paste contents into your next reply.

RE-Enable your antivirus program.

Copy & Paste contents of Log.txt & Info.txt & Checkup.txt & log from Bitdefender.

Use separate replies as needed if logs do not fit into one reply box.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!