3 replies to this topic

#1 kellerpaul

kellerpaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums and wasn't sure where to post this, so thought I'd start in the general chat area. I'm trying to find out how to request malware samples for brushing up on cleaning up infected computers. I know others have come to this forum and received samples.

If any one could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Kellerpaul

#2 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hello and welcome to MBAM, kellerpaul: :)

Until an MBAM staffer comes along to explain the official policy, please be aware that -- for security reasons -- malware samples will not be provided to regular forum members.

The Malware Hunters group sticky pinned to the top of the research forum sub-section explains how this works.
I assume you would probably need to contact the MBAM research engineers to apply for membership in the group.

Thanks for your patience and understanding -- enjoy your stay here at the MBAM forums,

daledoc1

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#3 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

May the penguin be with you!

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:Scripting, GNU/Linux, photography

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

:welcome:

I believe the policy is that you have to contribute. After you post enough worth while samples then they consider you worthy to join the Malware Hunters. Same as the spam hunters you can't apply. Not quite 100%(75% sure) on this so a staff member will need to comment.

I'm not a staff member just another Malwarebytes' user.

Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday! :)

#4 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

That's accurate Buttons. We do not accept applications of any kind. Our Research team assesses the contributions by individual members over time and based on those contributions, may consider allowing them to join the Malware Hunters group.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: malware samples

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users