Photo
- - - - -

internet security 2012 and something else?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 venom21

venom21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

ran malware bytes came up with trojan.agent at svchost.exe and a few other things. i did taskkill.exe /f thing for tge internet security. then i was actually able to access some other windows features. this thing is a real PITA. also for some reason after i scanned i think with spybot some of the icos looked dimmed, kinda how hidden files look.

here

Attached Files

#2 Maniac

Maniac

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,410 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hello venom21 and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:
  • If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here (http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home). If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.

Step 1

Please uninstall µTorrent, because of our rules. Take a look here:
http://forums.malwar...showtopic=97700

Step 2

Please manually delete your TDSSKiller copy. Next, download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

Posted Image
  • Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.

Posted Image
  • Click the Start Scan button.

Posted Image
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Posted Image
  • Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

Step 3

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Go to Update tab and select Check for Updates. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Go to Scanner tab and select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

In your next reply, post the following log files:

• TDSSKiller log
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
  • a new fresh DDS log

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here paypal.gif

#3 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,550 posts
  • Interests:Security, Windows, Windows Update, malware prevention

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
Maurice Naggar
Product Support

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

I close my threads if there is 5 days without a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users