New Thread infected

OK.

Lets give this a try.

http://www.eset.eu/online-scanner

Go here to run an online scannner from ESET.

Click the green ESET Online Scanner button.

Read the End User License Agreement and check the box: YES, I accept the Terms of Use.

Click on the Start button next to it.

You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then click Insall ActiveX component.

A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?"".

Answer Yes to download and install the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.

Click Start.

Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked

Click Scan to begin.

If offered the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.

Wait for the scan to finish

Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt

Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

This popped up during the scan from my antivirus. The two options given are to delete or no action. 4/30/2012 9:42:06 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Users\Kenny\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CH73I8RI\mop[1].htm JS/Exploit.Shellcode.A.gen trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined Kenny-PC\Kenny Event occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\OnlineCmdLineScanner.exe.

However it looks like this may be from the online scanner so i did not answer whether to delete or not. The scan is almost complete i will update with the log soon.

We can keep trying.

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder

• Run JavaRa.exe (double-click for XP/right-click and Run as Administrator for Vista), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
  • Accept any prompts.
  • Open JavaRa.exe (double-click for XP/right-click and Run as Administrator for Vista) again and select Search For Updates.
  • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

Next:

Download TFC to your desktop

• Close any open windows.
  • Double click the TFC icon to run the program
  • TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
  • Click the Start button to begin the process.
  • Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
  • The program should not take long to finish it's job
  • Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
  • if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean

Lets see what that does.

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!