Pup.MyWebSearch

I just ran a full scan on my computer and Malewarebytes found a lot of entries with this name.

"Pup.MyWebSearch"

They are located in a lot of locations on the computer. I have selected them all but have not deleted them all. I really had not been having problems with the machine.

I searched the forum for this and did not get any prior information.

Please let me know how I should proceed. Delete all selected? Or somthing else.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Everytime I run malwarebytes, I get about 100 of Pub.MyWebSearch entries. I select all of them and delete all of them. How can I prevent these from showing up in the first place. Is there a file or program I can delete these? Any help would be appreciated. I ran the "Hijack This" program and it did not work for me. I could not delete it after download until I used a malwarebyte program. That worked to delete it. Any suggestions to stop this program?

ray

Hello and welcome, Raymond0420: :)

PUP = Potentially Unwanted Program

These are legal software that you may have intentionally installed & want running on your computer (toolbars, browser helpers, etc).

They aren't malware, per se, and that's why MBAM won't automatically flag them for removal.

Sometimes these come bundled with other programs.

In any event, they can sometimes be pesky to remove.

We don't work on that sort of issue in this particular area of the forum.

So, for expert help cleaning these and any other nasties, please follow the recommendations in this sticky topic: Available Assistance.

Thanks,

daledoc1