#42 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

.Touché! Ron and blogs dont count as a post. :P

. But every time he updates his blog, :excl: he makes another post here also ;) -
If you own the site, you can do whatever you like (add another 100 posts to your count boss) :D
Just another private helper .......................... The answer is always 42, or Reboot
If you are waiting for an answer Press F5 ................. you may have one waiting for you ........

#43 ShyWriter

ShyWriter

The pencil is mightier than the bite..

• Software Updaters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

All I can remember is losing almost 800 posts over three database consolidations about a year ago.. I screamed loud and long then - even had screen snaps of my POSTS counters before and after EACH of the 3 times.. no joy.. So I'm hoping I get to 5,000+ before it ever happens again.

Steve

#44 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

All I can remember is losing almost 800 posts over three database consolidations about a year ago.. I screamed loud and long then - even had screen snaps of my POSTS counters before and after EACH of the 3 times.. no joy.. So I'm hoping I get to 5,000+ before it ever happens again.

Steve

I remember that. We all lost a lot of posts when that happened. Trials and tribulations of migrating servers and upgrading forum software I suppose.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#45 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

May the penguin be with you!

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:Scripting, GNU/Linux, photography

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

I remember that. We all lost a lot of posts when that happened. Trials and tribulations of migrating servers and upgrading forum software I suppose.

I agree. I lost a bit when I first started running my own web server and eventually figured it out and learned a few things. :)

I'm not a staff member just another Malwarebytes' user.

Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday! :)

#46 ShyWriter

ShyWriter

• Software Updaters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

I agree. I lost a bit when I first started running my own web server and eventually figured it out and learned a few things. :)

Speaking of web-server upgrades; has anyone else noticed we have been bleeding old (6-24 month members) users like a sparkler of the 4th of July sputters??

Over half the people that were active (3 times a week or more) on this system when I joined March 10, 2010 have disappeared???

Sad..

Steve

#47 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Nearly everyone who was active when I first joined has disappeared. There are still a few left (mostly the helpers and the ones who got hired, plus some experts who like to post here and there).

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#48 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

Nearly everyone who was active when I first joined has disappeared. There are still a few left (mostly the helpers and the ones who got hired, plus some experts who like to post here and there).

Hi Arthur -
You only beat me by a few months (both 08), and that was because it took me a while to get "disinfected" first -
Then I became the serial pest . . ;)

I was in email contact with yardbird until a while ago, but then he moved and did not reply to emails -
Just another private helper .......................... The answer is always 42, or Reboot
If you are waiting for an answer Press F5 ................. you may have one waiting for you ........

#49 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

Guess what I just noticed (other than the fact that the attachment controls appear to be missing)? :lol:

Posted Image

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#50 Popeye

Popeye

True Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Computers, Traveling.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

5000 Posts WOW! I figure if I keep posting like I have been, I'll be about 102 Years Old! :lol:
I think I'll need a care package by then.lol :wacko: Keep up the good work MBAM. :D

#51 ShyWriter

ShyWriter

• Software Updaters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Arthur; when the Editor is missing stuff or the attachment upload stuff I've found just Previewing the post brings them back.. Worst case I've had to log off, then re-logon and everything is hunky-dory again.. :) One more enhancement brought to you by the folks at IPBoard.. <_<

Steve

#52 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

May the penguin be with you!

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:Scripting, GNU/Linux, photography

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Pretty much. I remember very few who are still active.

I'm not a staff member just another Malwarebytes' user.

Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday! :)

#53 kimsland

kimsland

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hmm, I've quoted Malwarebytes well over 5000 times on many forums over many years.
Did you notice the increase is revenue? Lol

With all this talk on Tacos I'm getting hungry, I suppose I could just buy some, but its just not the same thing!
I knew I should have stayed here longer! Live and learn.
Anyway, back to free supporting the 'web' I go :)

#54 Guest_Seagull_*

Guest_Seagull_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Free Tacos would be nice but I am a long way off. :P

I mainly came here just to say Thank you to the people at Malwarebytes because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware saved my butt time and time again and I never seen another

program like Malwarebytes. After that, I seen how friendly these forums are and the people are so nice and willing to help you, I got sucked in and visit this forum

frequently now. :)

#55 mountaintree16

mountaintree16

bird lover

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, music, birds, bird watching, walking, reading, animals, computer security, poetry...

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I mainly came here just to say Thank you to the people at Malwarebytes... After that, I seen how friendly these forums are and the people are so nice and willing to help you, I got sucked in and visit this forum

I came here for help and to be thankful for that help, and I also really enjoyed it here and have been a regular ever since... :) Good folks, excellent help from staff and volunteers alike, and good conversations in the non-business part of the forum (General)... an all-around awesome place to "hang out" online :) I enjoy helping people as well, so when I can I jump in and help... lately though I've mostly just observed but when I can be helpful, I am! :)

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives.
It's what we do consistently.

Tony Robbins

#56 Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Funny, I just had some José Olé mini-tacos for lunch. They were good. :P

#57 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

I knew I should have stayed here longer! Live and learn.
Anyway, back to free supporting the 'web' I go :)

I currently have over 2,500 posts just on BleepingComputer, with several hundred on a couple of other sites also
It just shows what you do when you are a bit confined and need an outlet, and I always ask for a MBAM scan on problem posts -
Nice to see you back kimsland ;)
(Sorry Tarun, only a few posts on your site :P )

#58 Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

You know noknojon, now that you mention it. You made me wonder about my own posts. Appx. 4,800 on Lunarsoft (Join date for my forum is 05 Sep 2005, but I had also used others before that). Just over 3,000 on the first forum I ever joined (join date reads 27-January 2004).

So... At that rate, it'll be the year 2020 before I hit 5,000 posts here.

#59 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi Tarun -
I'm sure that the Experts here could always use another helper (as you still have Expert status) :ph34r:
There was a time I recall that you did a bit in Malware Removal, but then you stopped a few years back ? ?

Remember that a lot of your Lunarsoft posts (on your site) have just been updates etc. ;)

#60 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

You know noknojon, now that you mention it. You made me wonder about my own posts. Appx. 4,800 on Lunarsoft (Join date for my forum is 05 Sep 2005, but I had also used others before that). Just over 3,000 on the first forum I ever joined (join date reads 27-January 2004).

I must be a massive spammer or something, because if you were to tally up all of my posts at various forums... You're talking more than 20,000... Of course, some of the helpers here have close to that just on this forum. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users