• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quinny

Quinny

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Photography and nature,music and movies.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Just did a full scan and this pup turned up /pup hacktool.VBhideproc/ so i removed and quarentined it.
Can't seem to find out much information on it,but it has coincided with me trying out "hidemyass" proxy server.
Should i delete or not?Thanks in advance for any info.

#2 LarkBea

LarkBea

• Experts
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Before you delete it, you may want to restore it, then submit it as a possible false positive on this sub-forum: http://forums.malwar...hp?showforum=42
Please read the pinned posts at the top of the forum re: running Malwarebytes in developer mode/attaching a file for analysis/IP block reporting.

#3 Quinny

Quinny

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Photography and nature,music and movies.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Before you delete it, you may want to restore it, then submit it as a possible false positive on this sub-forum: http://forums.malwar...hp?showforum=42
Please read the pinned posts at the top of the forum re: running Malwarebytes in developer mode/attaching a file for analysis/IP block reporting.

If i restore it,wont i be putting my pc at risk.

#4 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

No, not as long as you do not reboot or run the executable which was quarantined before getting it analyzed in the False Positives forum as described above (if it isn't running, it can't do damage).

Also keep in mind that a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) is not an actual infection. It's an item which may be considered undesirable under certain circumstances.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users