• Attached File  DDS.txt   19.62KB   16 downloads

#2 Maniac

Maniac

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,392 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hello kob18 and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:
  • If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here (http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home). If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.

BACKDOOR WARNING

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

If you want to proceed, please post Attach.txt (from DDS).
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here paypal.gif

#3 kob18

kob18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Sir Maniac,
Thank you for your help.
I have been on the fence to format this computer or not.
I think your suggestion has given me the last push i needed.

One more concern.
my d: drive is a system restore drive. Would this drive be compromised as well?
this is a dell machine and have no other way of reformatting

#4 kob18

kob18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

sorry, i don't seem to be able to find a button to edit my posts..
would my external HDD be compromised as well?
file transfers from c: to external have been done in past few days..

#5 Maniac

Maniac

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,392 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Any information you have on this computer has been compromised, whatever of partition. Once the information on your computer, it now becomes available to a third party.
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here paypal.gif

#6 kob18

kob18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

so i should get hard copy of OS and boot from CD and format all drives/partitions?

#7 kob18

kob18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

have already done format + reinstall of OS to C:..

#8 Maniac

Maniac

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,392 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Good malware prevention tips for you:
http://forums.malwar...=0

Safe surfing! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users