Online Armor

I've heard many good things about Online Armor Free, I'm planning to use it with avast! free or maybe even MSE. What I need to know is, does OA have HIPS or a behavior blocker because those are the 2 things MSE is really lacking in. If it has one of them, which is the best for the other. (ex. "OA has HIPS", then...what is the best behavior blocker?), etc.. Doesn't matter about free or paid, though I would really like the answers to be centered around Online Armor Free. Thanks!

screenhunter01jun081108.gif

down.jpg

btn-video.jpg

Overview

Online Armor Free, Firewall Protection.

Easy to use

You do not need a computer science degree to use Online Armor. The setup process is straightforward, and configuration is a one-time event and part of the initial installation process.

Light on Pop-ups

Online Armor's aim is not to annoy you with too many messages and when it does give you a message, there are clear options given on how to respond.

Doesn't slow down your PC

Online Armor does not slow down your PC.

Personal Firewall

Online Armor's new personal firewall provides awesome protection from inbound threats and complete control of data leaving your computer for the internet.

Safe Browsing

This allows you to lock down your online browsing sessions and protect yourself from malicious websites installing nasties on your machine.

Prevent Spyware

Program Guard gives you control over which programs are allowed to run on your computer. Known safe programs don't harass you with popups, and dangerous programs will give a red warning popup so you can prevent them from running.

Remove Spyware

If spyware gets onto your computer - perhaps because you have accidentally allowed it, Online Armor will allow you to remove it. Unwanted extensions to Internet Explorer can be removed with a mouse-click. Unwanted programs can be blocked via Program Guard, or removed completely.

Hosts Checker

Similar to the DNS Check, Online Armor checks your HOSTS file and alerts you if anything changes. The hosts file can also be used to make your web browser visit sites other than the one you intended.

Autoruns Management

Allows you to control which programs start automatically with your computer. This can be used to help defeat spyware (it must start sometime) as well as optimize your computer's performance.

Tamper Protection

Malicious programs are getting tougher and tougher and often attack other programs (including security programs) to do their nasty deeds. Online Armor's Program Guard guards not only itself against tampering, but protection other programs from malicious code.

Keylogger Detection

Online Armor protects your passwords and private information from being stolen by blocking the keylogger as it tries to activate. Online Armor's behaviour detection ensures that even specially created or new keyloggers are detected and prevented.

Steve

Emsisoft Beta Tester

screenhunter01jun081108.gif

down.jpg

btn-video.jpg

Overview

Online Armor Free, Firewall Protection.

Easy to use

You do not need a computer science degree to use Online Armor. The setup process is straightforward, and configuration is a one-time event and part of the initial installation process.

Light on Pop-ups

Online Armor's aim is not to annoy you with too many messages and when it does give you a message, there are clear options given on how to respond.

Doesn't slow down your PC

Online Armor does not slow down your PC.

Personal Firewall

Online Armor's new personal firewall provides awesome protection from inbound threats and complete control of data leaving your computer for the internet.

Safe Browsing

This allows you to lock down your online browsing sessions and protect yourself from malicious websites installing nasties on your machine.

Prevent Spyware

Program Guard gives you control over which programs are allowed to run on your computer. Known safe programs don't harass you with popups, and dangerous programs will give a red warning popup so you can prevent them from running.

Remove Spyware

If spyware gets onto your computer - perhaps because you have accidentally allowed it, Online Armor will allow you to remove it. Unwanted extensions to Internet Explorer can be removed with a mouse-click. Unwanted programs can be blocked via Program Guard, or removed completely.

Hosts Checker

Similar to the DNS Check, Online Armor checks your HOSTS file and alerts you if anything changes. The hosts file can also be used to make your web browser visit sites other than the one you intended.

Autoruns Management

Allows you to control which programs start automatically with your computer. This can be used to help defeat spyware (it must start sometime) as well as optimize your computer's performance.

Tamper Protection

Malicious programs are getting tougher and tougher and often attack other programs (including security programs) to do their nasty deeds. Online Armor's Program Guard guards not only itself against tampering, but protection other programs from malicious code.

Keylogger Detection

Online Armor protects your passwords and private information from being stolen by blocking the keylogger as it tries to activate. Online Armor's behaviour detection ensures that even specially created or new keyloggers are detected and prevented.

Steve

Emsisoft Beta Tester

I was just wondering, is there any need for exclusions in Online Armor for Malwarebytes PRO and vice versa. Also, does MSE and Online Armor need any exclusions? Thanks!

You'll have to ask one of the EXPERTS here about exclusions.. I'm not using any but I'm not known for being right very often.. As for OA, make sure you let it run through the LEARN mode when you install it.. After that, if a program wants to run and it's not yet marked as trusted, a window will pop-up and ask you if you want to let whatever it is run.

Cheers,

Steve

Read the help file or post the question on the Emsisoft support forum for OA..(http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/53-online-armor/) I've got a licensed version and it ran during installation until it was finished. To answer your question "I'd" have to read the help files and do research and you're better doing that for yourself so you can learn how to answer your questions. I apologize if I sound rude but there are 100,000+ users on this Board and I can't be the personal research assistant for just one member on every question that pops into your mind. :huh:

Cheers,

Steve

Okay, I'm sorry. My bad, I'll do the research myself.

Thanks,

No hard feelings? If I run across one of your questions I can answer from knowledge I already possess I'll be happy to help.. Sound 'kay to you??

Cheers,

Steve

hi

Online Armor is absolutely superb.it never slows down the computer and the firewall is excellent.

I used to use the buggy comodo product but i consider Online Armor a far better program and i love it.

I have it running with Avast free AV and set all the exclusions and they both run in perfect harmony.

Regards. :D