Malwarebytes successfully blocked access to WHAT?ip blocking
Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:21 PM
My MalwareBytes protection log has not record of any blocking.
My Windows Event Viewer has nothing recorded by MalwareBytes.
How am I to determine what MalwareBytes stopped from happening and with whom (website, IP address)?
Does MalwareBytes record this information somewhere else where I might find it?
Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:33 PM
Sorry to hear you might be infected.
We cannot work on malware removal in this sub-section of the forum, so please read below for assistance with cleaning your system.
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT use any temporary file cleaners unless instructed to do so - they can cause data loss, making it hard to recover your system.
There are some excellent, self-help tutorials on getting MBAM to run on an infected system in the FAQ: HERE.
IF YOU PREFER EXPERT ASSISTANCE WITH MALWARE REMOVAL, PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 3 OPTIONS:
OPTION 1: Free, one-on-one, expert assistance in the Malware Removal Forum.
OPTION 2: For paid users of MBAM PRO, free, one-on-one, expert assistance from MBAM support.
OPTION 3: Fee-based, one-on-one, expert assistance from Premium Support.
- Please print out, read and carefully follow the instructions in the "I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now?" article.
- If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot complete some or all of the steps, then just do the best you can and start a new topic as described below.
- Then please start a new post in the Malware Removal Forum.
- When starting your new post, please note the following:
- Please do NOT post in a topic started by someone else, even if their problem sounds similar.
- Please COPY/PASTE the requested logs into your post, rather than attaching them.
- Under options, please be sure to select "track this topic" and "immediate email notification", so you'll know when a helper responds.
- An authorized, trained malware expert will provide free, one-on-one assistance as soon as one becomes available.
- Please be patient - it may be 48 hours or more before a helper can assist you, especially when the forum is very busy.
- Please do NOT "bump" your topic or reply back to it for at least 48 hours.
- Doing so may cause your topic to be overlooked, as it will appear that you are already being helped.
If you are a paid user of MBAM PRO and would like support via the helpdesk, please contact them here.
If you prefer the Malwarebytes Premium Services (comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs – from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Premium Support site here.
Please be patient – someone will assist you as soon as possible.
Thank you very much,
Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:48 PM
In addition to what fivealive has suggested , it is possible that the IP blocks are coming from Skype or another P2P or torrent program, if you are running these types of applications.
IP blocks can indicate a number of things:
- They could indicate that MBAM is doing its job of blocking bad content on websites.
- They can also occur when running certain P2P and other programs, such as Skype -- For example, please see this recent post by forum Admin AdvancedSetup about IP blocks and Skype.
- In some cases the blocks are a false positive.
- However, they can also be a sign of infection, especially if the blocks are outgoing and they occur when no browsers are open.
It includes instructions on how to set MBAM to ignore a particular IP, if you wish to do so.
It also contains instructions on how to determine what process might be trying to make the connections.
And you may also research the IP in question at www.ip-lookup.net or a similar site.
On the other hand, if you think the IP blocks might be a false positive, then please read this article before starting a new topic in the False Positives forum.
Alternatively, if you think you might be infected, based on the IP blocks and/or other suspicious computer behavior, then please follow fivealive's suggestions to have your system checked out by one of our malware removal experts.
HTH a bit,
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 220.127.116.110; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 18.104.22.1680; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ip blocking
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Support →
False Positives →
Website Blocking →
Malware Removal Support →
Malware Removal Help →
Resolved HijackThis Logs →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users