malwarebytes free will not scan even with all the renames
Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:20 PM
so sorry, I do not know where to enter these codes. I don't know what a tag is ? or how to how to use this forum correctly. I am in my senior years and clueless with using computer.
I have malwarebytes free edition on my desktop, but it will not scan my HP laptop windows vista. I tried the entire list of renames and none of them worked, does this this mean my pc is infectected? I have superantispyware and microsoft security essentials that scan but detects nothing. I have tried other good scans from cnet and bleeping(something) all scans work but detect nothing. My concern is that my pc runs slow and that I may have malware/spyware/virus/ect. still left on my pc. MSE once detected 2 hotbartoolbars but did not remove or quarantine them . I also had a fake 2012 antivirus removal virus that would not allow me to access the internet so I tried to set my pc back to factory condition (i don't know if I did all the steps correctly I think I missed some) for some reason my system retore will not work. My D drive is full. I think this is the reason? My pc is now working very slowly Am I safe to use online banking? and send emails? or is my pc infected? Thankyou
Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:21 PM
That sure is a long list of questions.
It's a bit hard to tell what's going on from your description.
However, you did mention that you had a fake 2012 antivirus rogue on your system.
So, it may be that there are still traces of the infection on your system.
That could be one reason why MBAM will not run.
We cannot work on malware-related diagnosis or cleaning in this particular section of the forum.
So please read below for expert assistance with cleaning your system - you may want to print out this post, to make it easier to follow.
Just take your time and do the best you can.
FYI, the words that are blue, bold and underlined are links to other pages here at the forum, with more information -- you just need to click on them to take you there.
And, for the time being, until an expert has a peek at your system, the safest course of action would be NOT to engage in online banking or other financial transactions.
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT use any temporary file cleaners unless instructed to do so - they can cause data loss, making it hard to recover your system.
There are some excellent, self-help tutorials on getting MBAM to run on an infected system in the FAQ: HERE.
IF YOU PREFER EXPERT ASSISTANCE WITH MALWARE REMOVAL, PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 3 OPTIONS:
OPTION 1: Free, one-on-one, expert assistance in the Malware Removal Forum.
OPTION 2: For paid users of MBAM PRO, free, one-on-one, expert assistance from the MBAM support helpdesk.
OPTION 3: Fee-based, one-on-one, expert assistance from Premium Support.
- Please print out, read and carefully follow the instructions in the "I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now?" article.
- --->> If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot complete some or all of the steps or you're not sure how to perform them, then just do the best you can and start a new topic as described below.
- Then please start a new post in the Malware Removal Forum.
- When starting your new post, please note the following:
- Please do NOT post in a topic started by someone else, even if their problem sounds similar.
- Please COPY/PASTE the requested logs directly into your post, rather than attaching them.
- Under options, please be sure to select "track this topic" and "immediate email notification", so you'll know when a helper responds.
- An authorized, trained malware expert will provide free, one-on-one assistance as soon as one becomes available.
- Please be patient - it may be 48 hours or more before a helper can assist you, especially when the forum is very busy.
- Please do NOT "bump" your topic or reply back to it for at least 48 hours.
- Doing so may cause your topic to be overlooked, as it will appear that you are already being helped.
If you are a paid user of MBAM PRO and would like support via the helpdesk, please contact them here.
If you prefer the Malwarebytes Premium Services (comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs – from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Premium Support site here.
Please be patient – someone will assist you as soon as possible.
Thank you very much,
PS Please use the "Reply to this Topic" or "More Reply Options" buttons (instead of the “Quote” and “MultiQuote” buttons) when replying here & at the other forums. That will make your topic easier to follow.
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 188.8.131.520; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 220.127.116.110; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users