• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 tomatojuice

tomatojuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks! I was able to switch to Xfinity.com Seachbar as the only default and was able to delete Facemood. I have been a fan of Malwarebytes for a while now. Maybe its time to actually buy it! I appreciate your help.

#22 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

You'll need to have combofix on your desktop in order to have this work

Good job Posted Image

The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

For Vista / Windows 7
  • Click START Search
  • Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.

Here's my usual final post

To be on the safe side, I would also change all my passwords.

This infection appears to have been cleaned, but as the malware could be configured to run any program a remote attacker requires, it's impossible to be 100% sure that any machine is clean.

Log looks good :D

• Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week
    (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

• Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer.
    Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.
    I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.
    Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.
  • Securing Your Web Browser
    This paper will help you configure your web browser for safer internet surfing.

• Using a secure browser plugin M86 SecureBrowsing makes it safe to search, surf and socialize online. This free browser plug-in displays security icons next to links on search engines and social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, so you'll know which pages are safe and which ones to avoid.

•Free browser plug-in for Internet Explorer and Firefox
    •Real-time safety ratings
    •Ideal for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

• JAVA Click this link and click on the Free JAVA Download

• Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly.
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
    If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site
    until there are no more critical updates.

Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.

I would suggest you read:
PC Safety and Security--What Do I Need?.
How to Prevent Malware:

The full version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware could have helped protect your computer against this threat.
We use different ways of protecting your computer(s):
  • Dynamically Blocks Malware Sites & Servers
  • Malware Execution Prevention
Save yourself the hassle and get protected.

Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#23 tomatojuice

tomatojuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thank you!

#24 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Great job Posted Image

You're more than welcome.
Glad we were able to help

Peace be with you Posted Image
Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

#25 LDTate

LDTate

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting here. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.
Larry Tate
Product Support

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users