Photo

New Dell Win 7 Installing Malware Pro, MSE. (unsure about what Firewall) and removing MacAffe the correct order to do these things.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Assassin7772

Assassin7772

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, Windows firewall is pretty good. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't check stuff that connects to the internet from inside your computer. It only protects from the baddies outside. So if you already have malware, or something snuck through, it could connect to the internet and download more malware, or if it is a backdoor, then it could let the hacker take control of your computer. Comodo firewall protects from all that and more. Of course you're gonna have to get used to it if you're gonna use it because it does tend to pop a lot of messages. For example:
"Do you want to allow Firefox to connect to the internet" Just click "Yes and make a rule". Then it won't bother you again about Firefox. Just keep doing that for anything you don't want CFW to block and it won't bother you for it again. It's a very handy tool and I really like using it, though some people hate pop-ups so I wouldn't suggest it for them. MSE and Comodo firewall work great, here are the exclusions:

This is how you do it: CFW ---> Defense+ ---> Defense+ Settings ---> Execution control Settings ---> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) ---> Exclusions ---> Add ---> Browse... and then go to the Microsoft Security Essentials folder (in Program Files if 32 bit, or Program Files 86 if 64 bit) and add all the files.
-Curtesy of Valentin N from Comodo forums

Next go to MSE and click on the Settings and find the excluded files and add all the things in the Comodo folder (click "Add" then browse to the Comodo folder and one by one select all the files that are in the Comodo folder. Then just click "Save changes" and then close MSE and reboot computer. You should be all set!

Hope this helps. I know this is a lot of work but once you set it up, it's pretty easy. You'll rest well that you're protected.

Good luck! If you have any problems, ask here and I or one of the other forum members, Admins, and Mods, will help you out. Have a good day!

Assassin7772

Malware Analyst

Posted Image

You can follow Malwarebytes on Facebook and Twitter

Don't forget to check out the Malwarebytes YouTube Channel!

#22 pgrace0154

pgrace0154

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Assassain I might go with it. I'm definitely looking.
Pat G

#23 pgrace0154

pgrace0154

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Maurice,
Here is the SecurityCheck.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.43
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
Microsoft Security Essentials
Antivirus up to date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.62.0.1300
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe
Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 5%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#24 Assassin7772

Assassin7772

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

No prob pgrace0154 :) Have a nice day.

P.S: If you're still thinking about the tutorial videos, they're on my previous post. (This is page 2, just go one page back to the first page). You can just click the links, all the videos are YouTube videos that I found. Good luck, and stay safe.

Assassin7772

Malware Analyst

Posted Image

#25 pgrace0154

pgrace0154

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Maurice,
I'm done and thanks for having this great Forum.
Many thanks to CWB, dale001 and especially to Assassin7772. I'll be lurking and looking out for you!
Serenity NOW Insanity LATER.
PG

#26 Assassin7772

Assassin7772

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thanks and glad to help. :) Remember! Don't hesitate to ask any questions about security. We're all happy to help, though you may need to weed out some advice you're given. Stay safe, catcha' later bro :P

Assassin7772

Malware Analyst

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users