Keeps telling me it has expired
Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:30 PM
I tried to just download the free version and that didn't work. So I completely removed it off my computer and redownloaded the free version, making sure I didn't click on any trials or anything.
Everything was fine and then a week or so later it is back to telling me it is expired
It is really annoying & I am not sure if it is even working or if I am getting protection or what? I had gotten a horrible trojan before which is why i got it in the first place so I am really worried about if it is even working.
Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:40 PM
After the free trial of MBAM PRO expires after 14 days, the program reverts to the Free, on-demand version .
If you tried to reinstall without doing a proper, clean uninstall first, then something might be corrupted.
I'm not sure I understand correctly from your post if you want the Free or the PRO version?
Only the PRO version offers real-time protection to run alongside your anti-virus (AV), as well as other enhanced features: http://www.malwareby...warebytes_free/
It is designed to run alongside your AV, not to replace it: http://helpdesk.malw...ivirus-software
However, to keep the PRO version after the 14-day trial expires, you'll need to purchase a license (which is "lifetime"): http://www.malwareby...lwarebytes_pro/
In any event, I'd suggest you start with a clean uninstall/reinstall, first.
If you want to run ONLY the Free version, then just untick the box for the automatic free trial of the PRO version in the setup wizard.
- If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
- Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
- It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
- After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
- -->If you only want to run MBAM Free, then un-tick the option for the free trial of PRO during the setup.
- -->If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
- Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
- Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
- Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
- Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 22.214.171.1240; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 126.96.36.1990; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 188.8.131.520; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:06 PM
Please let us know if you have further issues.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users