• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sammeh1

Sammeh1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Just wondering is Malwarebytes and Trend Micro are compatible? I have the free version of Malwarebytes and Trend Micro Titanium 2012.

#2 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hi:

I don't use Trend Micro, but it should work just fine with MBAM, especially if you are only using MBAM Free (on-demand scanning only).
If you'd like, you might want to set the mutual exclusions between TM and MBAM, to optimize system performance.
The instructions are below.
If you run into any issues, please post back and let us know -- someone more familiar with TM will be happy to assist you further.

HTH,

daledoc1

------------------------------------------------------

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Trend Micro Titanium Max 3.1.1109:
  • Open Trend Micro and click on the Settings button at the bottom of the main menu (looks like a small cog/wheel).
  • Click on Exception List from the list on the side panel, and then select Programs/Folders.
  • Add the following items.
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Note: On 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\mbam.sys
  • Once that is complete, click the apply button.
  • Now click on websites and click the add button and then add the Malwarebytes update domain.
    • data-cdn.mbamupdates.org
  • Click the Apply button and then Restart the computer.
    Set Exclusions for Trend Micro Titanium Max 3.1.1109 in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
  • Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Trend Micro and click OK.
    Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#3 whonew

whonew

True Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Thank you , I am considering making a purchase but have to think about how. I may get a PayPal pre paid card it that is Okay

Windows 7

#4 whonew

whonew

True Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Why am I getting re directed to Major Geeks?

Windows 7

#5 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,150 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

All downloads come from a list of major public download websites for the free version.

The paid PRO version has a direct download link from cleverbridge

The file name for the download from one of the public sites should be: mbam-setup-1.70.0.1100.exe

Thank you

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users