Trend Micro Compatibility
Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:55 PM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:37 PM
I don't use Trend Micro, but it should work just fine with MBAM, especially if you are only using MBAM Free (on-demand scanning only).
If you'd like, you might want to set the mutual exclusions between TM and MBAM, to optimize system performance.
The instructions are below.
If you run into any issues, please post back and let us know -- someone more familiar with TM will be happy to assist you further.
Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Trend Micro Titanium Max 3.1.1109:
- Open Trend Micro and click on the Settings button at the bottom of the main menu (looks like a small cog/wheel).
- Click on Exception List from the list on the side panel, and then select Programs/Folders.
- Add the following items.
- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Note: On 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\mbam.sys
- Once that is complete, click the apply button.
- Now click on websites and click the add button and then add the Malwarebytes update domain.
- Click the Apply button and then Restart the computer.
Set Exclusions for Trend Micro Titanium Max 3.1.1109 in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
- Click the Add button on the lower left
- In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Trend Micro and click OK.
Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)
- Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 18.104.22.1680; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 22.214.171.1240; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 126.96.36.1990; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 PM
Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 PM
Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 AM
The paid PRO version has a direct download link from cleverbridge
The file name for the download from one of the public sites should be: mbam-setup-188.8.131.520.exe
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users