Free version always turns to pro version
Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:07 AM
Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:16 AM
The Free version and the PRO version are the same program file -- the PRO features are enabled upon activation/registration OR during the 14-day free trial.
The free trial of the PRO version is enabled by default during the installation setup wizard (see screenshot).
If you would like to opt out, then you'll want to do 1 of two things:
1) Wait for the trial to expire. When it notifies you of the expiration, click on the tooltip balloon. It should open up a window with the option to End trial. Click on that option and this shouldn't occur again.
2) Cleanly uninstall mbam using the MBAM-CLEAN tool to remove all remnants of the program & then reinstall. Details follow below.
According to the changelog for version 1.65, if done correctly, AFAIK you won't be offered the free trial of PRO again: http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=595554.
If you do see that option during the setup wizard, then just uncheck it.
- If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.
Location for Windows x86
Location for Windows x64
- ---> Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
- It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
- After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
- If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
- Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
- Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
- Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
- Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 188.8.131.520; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 220.127.116.110; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users