Set scheduled automatic update to hourly, but the scheduled update never ran at all (protection module loaded just fine at startup). Since I set MBAM to notify me if the definition is outdated by 1 day, that's how I found out it wasn't updating.
When I opened MBAM and forced a manual update, it downloaded the definition updates just fine.
Was able to ping 188.8.131.52 continuously just fine (around 15 ms average). No problem from traceroute, got there in about 8 hops.
Downloaded "mbam-clean.exe" (1.60.2.0003) from http://downloads.mal...file/mbam_clean and ran it, then redownloaded/reinstalled MBAM from scratch. ---> Did not solve this update problem
Within MBAM, deleted scheduled update task, recreated it, changed to other schedule type (real time, etc.) ---> Did not solve this problem.
Stopped then restarted "MBAMScheduler" service (net stop/start mbamscheduler) didn't solve the problem.
No AV installed, so no interference from AV. Installed AV (SEP 11.0 RU7 MP2) once just to run a full system scan, showed no infection, uninstalled it afterwards. Scanned using MBAM with definitions from 09/26, no infection. Scanned offline using Symantec Endpoint Recovery Tool bootable CD with latest Symantec definition showed no infection.
Comcast residential connection, behind regular NAT/SPI home router/firewall, nothing blocked. No host-based software firewall. As mentioned earlier, manual updating working fine.
Attached are "CheckResults.txt" from "mbam-check-184.108.40.2060". In CheckResults, you will see the latest defs, that's only because I forced manual update.
Never had this problem with 1.62, only started after updating to 1.65 (as mentioned earlier, clean install after mbam-clean didn't resolve the problem, it would still occur after a while). I've tried everything I could think of. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the next version of MBAM after 1.65