Photo

When installing free Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, How do you op out of 14 day Pro Version

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CDC

CDC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hello,

When installing the free Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, How do you op out of the 14 day Pro Version?

Thanks

#2 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi, CDC: :)

...by unchecking this option during the setup wizard (see attached).

Attached Images

• Enable Free Trial.jpg

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#3 CDC

CDC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

This is what mine says.On the right

Attached Images

• mbcompletescreen.jpg

#4 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hi:

AFAIK That means that someone previously had activated the free trial on this computer.
Once that happens, the next time one reinstalls MBAM, there is no offer for the free trial.
IOW, once the free trial of MBAM PRO has been activated once, that's it for that particular computer.

So, you will need to purchase a license if you want to use MBAM PRO.
Otherwise, MBAM will be MBAM Free on that computer.
The consumer license for MBAM PRO is valid for a lifetime, and it is transferrable, if you should ever need to move it to another computer.
Given the robust, realtime, layered protection MBAM PRO provides against zero-day threats alongside your anti-virus, it's an excellent investment.
http://www.malwareby...warebytes_free/

HTH,

daledoc1 (not affiliated with the company -- just a home user with 2 lifetime licenses)

DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#5 CDC

CDC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

That is strange because when I install the MBAM Free I start getting this little window come up on the lower right hand corner of the my sceen counting down my 14 day free trail.
What you said if I read you correctly is Once the free trial of MBAM PRO has been activated you no longer have the MBAM PRO option on that computer
So what is this count down 14 day free trail window showing up.

#6 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi, CDC:

If you are on your second MBAM installation on this particular computer, then I don't think you ought to be seeing the "free trial" popup.

Until an MBAM staffer drops by in this thread, it sounds as if you probably (re)installed MBAM more than once on this same computer, without running the mbam-clean utility to fully, cleanly uninstall the first installation?

Please follow the steps for a CLEAN reinstall (listed below) and let us know if that resolves your issue.
The reboot after running mbam-clean is an important step, so please don't skip it.
--> If you only want to stay with MBAM Free, then ignore the steps described below about reactivating the PRO version with your ID/key, since you don't have them. :)

This should take you back to MBAM Free.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

-------------------------
  • If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).

You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.
Location for Windows x86
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Location for Windows x64
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
  • It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
  • After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
  • If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
  • Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

#7 CDC

CDC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

• It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
  • After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
  • If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
  • Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

HI daledoc1,

It worked using the above instructions, it might have had something to with disabling the Anti-Virus or the cleaner uninstaller you provided.
This is the finish window it showed. Like I never install MBAM on my computer.

Thanks For the Help

#8 CDC

CDC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

HI daledoc1,

It worked using the above instructions, it might have had something to with disabling the Anti-Virus or the cleaner uninstaller you provided.
This is the finish window it showed. Like I never installed MBAM on my computer.

Thanks For the Help :)

Attached Images

• mbcompletescreen1.jpg

#9 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi, CDC:

It was the mbam-clean tool, most likely.
Glad MBAM Free is working OK for you now.

Best regards,

daledoc1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users