how to get product ID and key for trial versionactivation
Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:37 AM
I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware(Trial) It has two buttons Buy now and activate
is it possible to register and get an ID and key without paying money for 14 days?if so how can I do it?
I realized that it is for free,but I don't know how to activate this free.
did I downloaded a wrong one?I couldn't find info in forums.I'm new here.
would someone please help me?
Thank you so Much,
Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:49 AM
The free, 14-day trial of MBAM PRO is enabled by default during installation (see the attached screenshot of the setup wizard).
You don't need a license ID or key for the trial and you don't need to pay for a license ID and key, unless you want to keep MBAM PRO after the trial ends.
IOW, you ought to have automatically gotten the free trial of MBAM PRO when you installed, UNLESS you inadvertently opted out (by un-ticking the option) during the setup, or unless you installed an older version of the program.
-->>What happens when you click on the Activate button???? I would expect that this is all you need to do to activate the trial???
I haven't had to reinstall MBAM myself on my computers for quite some time.
So, I'm not sure exactly what the dialog windows are during an installation, and there might be an easier way to do this, but if the above doesn't work.......a clean reinstall should get you back to the free trial, without having to pay.
The instructions are below.
Needless to say, since you don't have a paid license ID and key yet, just ignore those particular steps in the instructions.
MBAM Clean Install
- ((If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.
Location for Windows x86
Location for Windows x64
- Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
- It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
- After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
- If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
- Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
- Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
- Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
- Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 188.8.131.520; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 220.127.116.110; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 AM
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: activation
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users