Photo

Google redirect after clicking on message board result?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ihateredirects1

ihateredirects1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hello,

I do not know where to post this so I apologize if it is in the wrong sub-forum.

I just came across something that has never happened to me before. I Googled something and when I clicked on one of the results (a thread on a message board), the page loaded, but another tab opened from "url4short.info." I didn't see what the page said because I tried to exit the tab immediately. When I tried to exit, a smaller box popped up and asked me if I wanted to take a survey. I clicked "no," and immediately did a quick scan with MalwareBytes. It came back clean, but I'm still slightly worried and confused. What is url4short.info and why would it redirect me from a link to a message board? Is it a virus? No other redirects happened today; just the one on the message board.

#2 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

If you want to make sure that you are not infected please see below....

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users