delta-search.com removal without having to purchase software

europia

delta-search.com search shows up on internet browser, from where ?, when ?, who ?, problems galore, pop ups not wanted, searches not wanted, slow-slower-slowest, unwanted window boxes, lockups, double icons, double pages, lots of problems, tried to remove but have to purchase removal software. Tried another alternative, same thing another purchase to remove. Tried another way, same thing, someone wants their software purchased. What can I do?????????

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

The free version of Malwarebytes will remove such infections and will not charge you to remove them. Also we have trained experts available also that can guide you with the removal, also for free. To get such help, see below....

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I just had this problem and doing that alone will not fix it. You need to go to the add/remove programs menu and remove anything to do with delta search. Then you need to make sure it didnt install any extensions/addons on any browsers you have installed (it did it to my chrome) and if you find them remove them. Lastly you need to open any browsers you have installed and change there home page to something else (I use google). After all of that the delta search infection will be gone but if you did not choose to install this yourself then something else installed it for you and you might have other problems that you have not noticed. (some freeware programs will install this and it was mipony that gave it to me)

After all of that the delta search infection will be gone but if you did not choose to install this yourself then something else installed it for you and you might have other problems that you have not noticed.

Hi, lee terry:

Thanks for your input. :)

For precisely the reasons you mentioned, that is why Firefox suggested to the OP having a qualified malware expert assist with scanning the system for additional malware.

Since we don't do that sort of malware detection/removal here in this sub-section of the forum, users who might want additional help with this are advised to follow the recommendations in this sticky topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Actually I just had this problem and doing that alone will not fix it. You need to go to the add/remove programs menu and remove anything to do with delta search. Then you need to make sure it didnt install any extensions/addons on any browsers you have installed (it did it to my chrome) and if you find them remove them. Lastly you need to open any browsers you have installed and change there home page to something else (I use google). After all of that the delta search infection will be gone but if you did not choose to install this yourself then something else installed it for you and you might have other problems that you have not noticed. (some freeware programs will install this and it was mipony that gave it to me)

THANKS..

@ europia and lee terry :

as daledoc1 mentioned , i would strongly suggest doing as instructed in post #2 .

many programs of this nature do leave behind and/or allow other nefarious programs/code to be installed .

some of these can run hidden in the background and you have no idea that they are there .