Photo

I intend to post, but need clarification first.

PUP.Datamngr

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jerryi

jerryi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

MBAM almost always indicates I have an infection with PUP.Datamngr, and I can use MBAM to correct the problem for a few minutes. Thus, I presume that if I spend $25 for the PRO version, it will also fail in the same regard. I tried to find a specific place in your forum to read more about the problem, but searching for PUP.Datamngr was futile for me, even though I found something about it on this site just before I signed up to be a member.

I did find a set of instructions that I should download and run DDS and send you an analysis report.

My question is, should I wait until I am infected again, or should I run the test after I clean the problem with MBAM? It should be a piece of cake to get infected again. All I have to do is pull up the New York Times Website, or just about any other one.

#2 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,445 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hello jerryi and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Yes, you are correct in that the detection and cleaning between the free and paid is the same. The paid version certainly does offer a lot better live protection but once the infection is there the removal engine is the same.

Regardless of whether or not you purchase the program you should never attempt any type of financial transactions on any computer that has any signs of an infection until the system has been cleaned.

Please go ahead and run the following scanner and send back the logs. Based on the logs we should be able to provide you with more information.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  • DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 jerryi

jerryi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Sir

Again, I ask this question, which may or may not be important. I am not currently infected, although I usually manage to get a bad report that the PUP.Datamngr has returned within a few minutes. Does it matter whether I run DDS infected or uninfected?

Thanks

#4 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yes please go ahead and run it now. It will give us information to better assist you.

Thanks

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#5 jerryi

jerryi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

I am now getting BSODs on a daily basis. Is this forum an appropriate place to seek help? I posted a plea for help again yesterday, but now when I access the forum to see is anyone has responded, I cannot find my post and don't know how to look for all of my posts. A few weeks ago a rep from your forum helped me get rid of a datamngr virus, but after I upgraded to MBAM Pro I have been experiencing these BSODs. Is there a forum somewhere that can help me try to resolve this problem? Also, how can I search and find my posts to try to find out in a timely manner whether anyone has responded to try to help me?

#6 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Is this the same computer your currently getting help with by gringo_pr in the HJT section => HERE <= ?

If it is, please continue there with gringo until he gives you the all clear and then if you are still getting BSOD we can look into it further.

Thanks for understanding....

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users