why is my computer screen completely blank, no icons, following instalation of Malware & re-starting computer as requested?

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

A couple of things....

First off Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is NOT an antivirus program, it is an anti-malware program designed to work side by side with your antivirus program to help catch what it misses. So make sure that you also keep a good antivirus program installed.

Second, since you had a virus/infection it could very well be the infection that caused the damage you are seeing.

That being said, you will need to seek help from the experts to get your computer back up and running.... see below.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Are you running ANY version of zonealarm? If so, malewarebytes does NOT work with zonealarm. It will do what it is doing to you or if you wait, your desktop will eventually boot up. I have one system right now that had a 33 second boot up time to desktop. After malewarebytes was installed it jumped to 118 seconds on every boot. The last system I installed it took 14 minutes before I could do anything on it. Fix is, do not use the paid version and if you have the paid version, disable all the real time protection and do not let it run at startup. Every one of my systems have this problem and has had it since the release of 1.71. All systems I worked on return to normal after real time protection is turned off. My Customers that pay for it are ticked off when I sent them all email telling them to disable it. So it is just like running the free version, it works fine.

Hi, Clare31:

Please follow Firefox's advice to have a malware expert assist you with checking your system for infection.

Hi, AbarC:

Until an MBAM staffer arrives to address your specific concerns...

I'm not aware of a version 1.71 in public release. :(

AFAIK, the current consumer version of MBAM is 1.70.

Having said that, if you are experiencing problems with your computers or with your customers' computers, I'm sure that the MBAM staff would be more than happy to assist you with resolving them.

They continually strive to ensure that MBAM works well alongside all the major, popular AVs and firewalls.

From time to time, however, individual problems do arise (the AV vendors are constantly changing their products, and there can be issues with system configuration, infection, etc.).

Your post seems to suggest that you are a computer technician and/or MBAM reseller?

If so, your license entitles you to direct support from the corporate support team.

Please open a ticket at the corporate helpdesk >>HERE<<, and a team member will help to get your systems up and running correctly.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

Sorry, typo, on version.

Computer tech, Custom systems built for Customers. I am not a reseller, but do install in every computer new or one being serviced and let them decide to purchase or not. Over 500 currently pay for the pro version that I know of. Like this system I am working on, they already have a license and reinstalling windows.

Well, being the issue has been known since day two of the release of 1.7 I have to again take measures to support my Customers. I have emailed them all the last version of 1.6 and the uninstall program for mbam. They are upset, ALL of them, that they have to wait from 180 seconds to 14 minutes before they can do anything on their computer. Some are just turning off the auto start of mbam and not having any realtime protection that they paid for. I have been asked if there is any other good protection, so I guess I have to read reviews as to which one to recommend to my Customers. You would think by now the issue would have been resolved.

AbarC there is no need to be so drastic in removing the new version and then installing the older version, you should really contact support and they can help you fix whatever issue you are having.

If none of our suggestions resolve the issues then please contact Consumer Support, or, if you are a business, educational, technician or non-profit customer, then please contact Corporate Support (make sure to include your order number if contacting Corporate Support), and one of our Support team members will assist you promptly.

Drastic? Have to do what I have to do. As stated, I cannot get tech support as I do not pay for it, I run the free version in mine. I am not a reseller, I just install it in all the new systems and ones that come in for service. The Customers pay for it, I don't. So I cannot open a ticket. I do not need to ask as it is a known issue and will be fixed one day. Until then I will just wait for the release that is updated with the fix.

So are you saying that all 500 or so of your customers are having this issue?

Help us Help you perhaps if you have one of the computers having issues we could help you resolve it. Who knows it may be a conflict between Malwarebytes and something else that you or the customer is installing.

Yes, 500 plus, all running windows XP w/svc pk 3. And it does it with only windows installed, all updates to windows, then zonealarm installed and configured, then install malwarebytes and there is the problem. I got an email from another user in here that told me he has 5000 plus and he is having the same problem.

Well Malwarebytes is installed on millions of computers and we sure do not have your 500 customers and the other user that claims he has 5000 plus coming here and asking for help.

I am sure if all 5500 plus people were to come here for help we would be more than glad to help and rectify any issues they may have.

I know we have members here that use Malwarebytes together with Zone Alarm and are quite happy with the combo.

• Root Admin

If anyone of your users is having an issue and they've paid for the program then you either need to direct them here to obtain the support they paid for or do the support yourself which if you need help with then we can help you but in either case providing your users with the current advice you're giving them is not doing them any favors.

They are all mostly computer illiterate to know what to do about anything. I am giving them advice and doing them a favor as the results are in for the tests and mbam came in at #12, I am already moving them all and future computers that come to be serviced to another protection program. Even dropping Zonealarm as it did not finish well either and not even within the top 20. Been with you from the beginning, but sorry to say that after this error, I am moving on.