• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dpwarb

dpwarb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

My security programs are as follows: Anti Virus is from IObits Advanced System Care Ultimate, using the bitdefender AV modules. And my malware/spyware protection from Malwarebytes Pro. I'm running Windows 8 64bit Pro. My problem is that ACS is being reported by the Windows Action Center as an AV program, but Malware bytes is NOT being seen by windows action center hence it is reporting I have no spyware program installed.

#2 craigb

craigb

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi dpwarb, Malwarebytes has never been reported in the action centre so this is normal, you can tell the action centre not to monitor spyware applications if you are receiving the warning in the flag at bottom left. I would have thought that if Iobit was the Ultimate system care it would also include spyware protection and report itself in the action centre as protecting this area as well.

#3 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,884 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hi, dpwarb:

FYI
Re: Iobit ASC, you might be interested in these forum topics:
IOBit Theft Conclusion and IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property

Best regards,

daledoc1

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#4 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,550 posts
  • Interests:Security, Windows, Windows Update, malware prevention

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hello dpwarb,

I also would urge you to Uninstall any IOBIT program you have. Not only have they stolen from MalwareBytes, but I just recently read elsewhere {at MS forums} that this "app" leads to update issues.
And IF you have used any sort of registry "tweaker", "optimizer", "cleaner" or registry-what's-it, please stop, and remove "that" "tool".

Lastly, with Windows 8, it is best if you turned on the built-in WIN8 Windows Defender. That is the antivirus included with the o.s.
Maurice Naggar
Product Support

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

I close my threads if there is 5 days without a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users