Photo

Using Chameleon to clear Disk Antivirus Professional-how long do I wait?

Dish Antivirus Professional

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carguy

carguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

I am using the Malware Chameleon per the internet instructions to clear the Disk Antivirus Professional. I followed directions and downloaded SVChost.exe to a flash drive on another computer that is not infected, then uploaded it to infected computer anf followed instructions, Everything worked to the point of the black window with white text and I got to the line "Killing known malicious processes, please wait...."

I have been waiting 15 minutes and the next line has not come up in the window the ...."done" message.

My question is, how long should I expect to wait for this "killing" to take place or is the Chameleon not working for some reason.

thanks,
Carguy
Fort Worth, TX

#2 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi and welcome, carguy: :)

Until an MBAM staffer arrives...

Additional tips about running Chameleon can be found in these KB topics, though I presume you've already consulted them:
Use Malwarebytes Chameleon to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on an already infected system
Use Chameleon to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on infected systems

It would probably be advisable to have a qualified malware expert assist you with this.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, please follow the recommendations in this sticky topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A qualified helper will guide you through the cleanup process using Chameleon and whatever other tools might be needed.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#3 carguy

carguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up and recommendation. I have been following the instructions you tagged but it has stopped at the "Killing" mode. I will follow your suggestions for help.

Carguy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users