Adding KIS to MBAM's Exclusions

Hello.

I've been following instructions to stop Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 from conflicting with the newest version of MBAM. (I have just downloaded and updated it under an hour ago, but had problems a few days ago; I've now found advice and am trying again).

I have adde mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe and mbamservice.exe to KIS's exclusions, but cannot find C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab to add to MBAM's exclusions as the instructions have told me too.

I have found a folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs called Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, but I doubt this means anything.

There's also a folder in Programmes (Y:) called Kaspersky. I did once try to move a load of program files from C:\ to Y:\. Silly mistake, but I reversed the process and all my programs are working fine so I don't see why this would be an exception.

Anyway, where is the Kaspersky Lab folder, or should I be adding a different folder to MBAM's exclusions instead?

Thank you.

- Dukey308

Hello and :welcome:

The install folder for Kaspersky should be located in C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Labs\Kaspersky Internet Security 2011

To setup exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security

Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 32 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbam.exe
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamscheduler.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

[*]Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window

[*]Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK

[*]Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 64 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbam.exe
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamscheduler.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

[*]Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window

[*]Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK

[*]Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Kaspersky Lab and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you have any problems, please post back and one of the Experts will assist you

Thanks, ;)

FYI KIS2011 is no longer supported & will only get database updates for a few more months.  It is advisable to clean upgrade to 2012 or the current version (2013).  It is free to do so within your valid license period.  I'm on my phone & don"t have access to my bookmarks, but if you navigate to forums.kaspersky.com, there are pinned topics on the KIS/KAV board with instructions how to do this.  HTH, daledoc1

Thanks Daledoc1 for that heads up....

The Pinned topics to this in the KIS forums can be found => HERE <=

Yep, thanks very much, Firefox, for the exclusions help and for the link to the KL forum. :)

More specifically, instructions for a proper clean upgrade of KIS/KAV are here: http://forum.kaspers...showtopic=67812

And the most current version of the program can be downloaded from here: http://www.kaspersky...product-updates

You may also find it helpful to refer to this pinned topic here: http://forums.malwar...howtopic=113443

The upgrade to 2013 is free during your valid license period, as KIS2011 is not supported -- here is the link: https://support.kasp...t/support_table

And, finally, instructions about how to add programs to the exclusions for KIS (2013 version, as I assume you will want to update): http://support.kaspe.../?qid=208286718

ALSO: dukey308, are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

If it's 64-bit, the file path will be similar to the one shown in my attached screen shot.

HTH,

daledoc1

post-29793-0-71051400-1362526836.png