8 replies to this topic

#1 n00b42

n00b42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hi,

Just purchased (again) your PRO version and have a few questions.

1. Do the above programs conflict with each other? If so, do they need to be excluded from each other or not?

I have 5 shields in Avast, being File System - Web - Network - Behavior - Script.

In MBAM, Protection: all boxes are ticked.

2. If in conflict which Avast shields or which MBAM Protection boxes would need to be disabled/unticked?

3. Avast! told me a few years back to disable the protection in MBAM because their web shield was doing a better job. I didn't expect another answer though. ;)

4. I need to know if these 2 software can get along with eachother just the way I have it or not.

5. Please provide me with an honest answer.

TIA

#2 Wide Glide

Wide Glide

Just a pebble in the stream

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hello n00b42,

With avast! 8, you should have 8 different shields

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as virus droppers, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. That being said, there are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

If you have any issues, then please ask and someone will assist you. Thank You

Vista HP 64bit 7Mtxr.png

#3 n00b42

n00b42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for your reply. I have these 4 shields because I don't need the other ones. That's why I did a custom install of Avast Free.

After installation of MBAM PRO I noticed that speed in browsing has slowed down considerably.

You referred me to a link of Avast 6 so am not sure if the advice for exclusions is still the same.

Win 7 Home Premium, x64. TIA

#4 n00b42

n00b42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

For now I have unticked the box in MBAM PRO: *start malicious website blocking when protection module start* until I get an answer to my above questions. Ofcourse, the module now says *partial enabled*

TIA

#5 n00b42

n00b42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

For now I have unticked the box in MBAM PRO: *start malicious website blocking when protection module start* until I get an answer to my above questions. Ofcourse, the module now says *partial enabled*

TIA

Forgot to write in my reply that now with above quote, my browsing speed has improved.

#6 n00b42

n00b42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

You at MBAM would like to know that I had to uninstall the PRO version due to lack of Customer Support.

Browsing improved a little when I did the above but not enough. I am so NOT pleased!!!!! $$ down the drain!!!!!

Now that I have uninstalled MBAM PRO my browser experience is back to what it was prior to installing it.

I excluded MBAM and Avast! free from each other as shown in the given link for Avast! v6 as last resort and that didn't help either.

I used to have MBAM in high regards but you lost yourself a customer, but you won't complain because you already have my $$ eh?

#7 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

You at MBAM would like to know that I had to uninstall the PRO version due to lack of Customer Support.

Browsing improved a little when I did the above but not enough. I am so NOT pleased!!!!! $$ down the drain!!!!!

Now that I have uninstalled MBAM PRO my browser experience is back to what it was prior to installing it.

I excluded MBAM and Avast! free from each other as shown in the given link for Avast! v6 as last resort and that didn't help either.

I used to have MBAM in high regards but you lost yourself a customer, but you won't complain because you already have my $$ eh?

I'm sorry you had so much trouble. Please contact Support and they should be able to process a full refund for you if they're unable to resolve the issue.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#8 n00b42

n00b42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Exile, thank you for your reply. I contacted support March 25 and am waiting for a refund. Received support same day! The information on how to exclude Avast! and MBAM are completely different as to what I was advised on this board. Perhaps sometime in future I will try MBAM PRO again with those emailed instructions.

#9 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

You're welcome, again, I'm sorry for all the trouble. If you do decide to give it a try, please do let us know how it turns out.

Thanks
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users