• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 drewcu

drewcu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I doubt it's a specific website, you'd be surprised how many we can add or remove in the space of a single database update, especially with the new malicious IPs we've been tracking for hosting exploits lately (typically many hundreds per day, and that has ramped up in the past couple of months so the timing fits).

Have you also run DPC Latency Checker on your computer with the latest MBAM database updates? When I run it on my work computer I also get the big red spikes with Website Blocking enabled and don't get them when I disable that feature. So I am 2/2 in terms of having the Website Blocking feature slow down my computers and would imagine that this problem is very universal. It's just that most people do not realize there is an issue without having a visual confirmation like a network TV recorder. I mean I wouldn't have known if I didn't get the pixelated video beginning in March.

Thank you.

#22 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Have you also run DPC Latency Checker on your computer with the latest MBAM database updates? When I run it on my work computer I also get the big red spikes with Website Blocking enabled and don't get them when I disable that feature. So I am 2/2 in terms of having the Website Blocking feature slow down my computers and would imagine that this problem is very universal. It's just that most people do not realize there is an issue without having a visual confirmation like a network TV recorder. I mean I wouldn't have known if I didn't get the pixelated video beginning in March.

Thank you.

Yes I have, I see no spikes here, though as stated previously, it's very hardware specific and most systems are unaffected.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#23 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,245 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

As this topic has been addressed and there is no current new information I will go ahead and close this topic now.

The current answer is yes we are aware that a very small number of users do experience this issue and we do hope to resolve it at some time in the future but at this time there is no specific date when this will be corrected. If you are having this issue and you've purchased the software within 30 days you can submit for a refund via the Help Desk if you like. The Consumer version currently does come with a life time license and can be transferred to another computer if desired.

Thank you

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users