Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 Released!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 TNcat

TNcat

• Unused Accounts
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Forgot to say I have the PRO version.

#22 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,101 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

@TNcat

This issue does affect some users but it was in the previous version as of about a month back that we're looking into. You may not have been on an updated version prior to this and why it's now showing for you. As soon as we're able to locate and correct it we'll post about or simply make the change if possible and send it out in an update.

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#23 TNcat

TNcat

• Unused Accounts
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

I always do the updates. But thanks. Hopefully it will get resolved.

#24 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

RAR, ZIP, 7z, CAB and MSI and Self extracting executable (SFX) files being supported are: 7z, ZIP, RAR and NSIS.

I actually knew that before I asked my question. What I was wondering was why there was no official mention of what formats were supported in the changelog or the announcement post. ;)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#25 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

I actually knew that before I asked my question. What I was wondering was why there was no official mention of what formats were supported in the changelog or the announcement post. ;)

Because we were hoping not to reveal all of the details about this feature knowing that in all likelihood, the first thing the bad guys are going to do is use that information to start generating archives in formats that we do not scan.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#26 Wide Glide

Wide Glide

Just a pebble in the stream

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

2 over the top Mbam Pro's, absolutely perfect, Except for the start-up type changing back to Automatic. Back when Mbam made the change to Automatic start, On both Machines with Mbam Pro, they would hang up during start-up(appx. 30 sec's), Mbam icon being first in tray before anything else was loaded. Simply changed the start-up type back to Automatic(Delayed), end of issue. New versions come through and settings have to be re-set

Vista HP 64bit 7Mtxr.png

#27 Mammiejammer

Mammiejammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

My first exposure to your product was at work when the latest version of the FBI virus locked our clerks computer; after some on-line research I downloaded the free/trial version placed it on a thumb drive and took it to her machine. I booted her laptop into safe mode with networking, did the install and let it update the database. I then rebooted into safe mode (no networking) and did a full scan. It found six infected files which I opted to remove. After the reboot to the main Windows GUI I ran another full scan there and came up clean. I made some adjustments to her Internet security settings and her life is back to normal; it's been about a week and everything is running well and stable.

My boss liked the product so well he purchased a business key for her machine and is lobbying for a possible roll-out of the software for the rest of our office. I was so impressed that I bought a copy for my home machine and am loving it so far. Version 1.75 seems stable and very, very thorough in it's scanning process. Thank you for making my home Internet experience safer and more secure. MJ

#28 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi Mammiejammer - and :welcome:

Thank you for supporting our program - It is always good to hear from a happy customer - Thank you for using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Activating the full version unlocks realtime protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. Best regards from the crew -

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#29 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

My first exposure to your product was at work when the latest version of the FBI virus locked our clerks computer; after some on-line research I downloaded the free/trial version placed it on a thumb drive and took it to her machine. I booted her laptop into safe mode with networking, did the install and let it update the database. I then rebooted into safe mode (no networking) and did a full scan. It found six infected files which I opted to remove. After the reboot to the main Windows GUI I ran another full scan there and came up clean. I made some adjustments to her Internet security settings and her life is back to normal; it's been about a week and everything is running well and stable.

My boss liked the product so well he purchased a business key for her machine and is lobbying for a possible roll-out of the software for the rest of our office. I was so impressed that I bought a copy for my home machine and am loving it so far. Version 1.75 seems stable and very, very thorough in it's scanning process. Thank you for making my home Internet experience safer and more secure. MJ

That's great, thank you for posting and for supporting our product and our company :D!

Also, if your boss would like more info on the business versions of our product, it may be found on our website here or he may contact our Sales department directly for information, including a custom quote to suit your company's specific needs here.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#30 siketa

siketa

• Unused Accounts
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Any news or plans for the next beta?

Win 7: Emsisoft AM, AppGuard

#31 spywar

spywar

Forum Deity

• Malware Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi siketa,

They have not shared anything regarding that AFAIK.

#32 siketa

siketa

• Unused Accounts
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

Thanks, buddy!

It's been over 4 months since the last version and I would like to know what's cooking over there...

Win 7: Emsisoft AM, AppGuard

#33 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,101 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

Thank you for your interest but there is no official news or notice of a public beta for the next version at this time.

Cheers

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#34 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,101 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's already supported for Business in our Enterprise Edition.  Typically way too expensive for the average home user.

Thank you

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#35 AnotherLife

AnotherLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Does MBAM have a force-breach feature like HitmanPro and Comodo ? I mean, if you hold down Ctrl while the program loads it will kill all non-essential processes.

#36 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Does MBAM have a force-breach feature like HitmanPro and Comodo ? I mean, if you hold down Ctrl while the program loads it will kill all non-essential processes.

No, but we do have Malwarebytes Chameleon technology which will get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running when there is malware on the system trying to prevent it and it also terminates any malicious processes found in memory to ensure that nothing stops Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from doing its job and removing the threats.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#37 AnotherLife

AnotherLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Good to know. My main concern is screen-blocking ransom trojans (combined with task manager disabling)

I've seen one of those autorunning in safe-mode, only had a few seconds to open my flash drive and run rkill, took 6-7 tries  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users