[quote name='BCDeb' timestamp='1366391417' post='671775']
Norton Internet Security
Error: 3048, 3
Windows 7 Professional
7601.18113.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Norton Autofix Results: 1 item(s)
Conflicting Product - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300 :: Skipped
[/quote]
This is the first time I have ever gotten an error notification from NIS about MB

#3 fryerlawrence

fryerlawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have had the same issue with Norton 360 Premiere Edition 2013 (newest one) just yesterday morning on Win7 Home Premium & MBAM. Anyone please help? :blink:

#4 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

May the penguin be with you!

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:Scripting, GNU/Linux, photography

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

:welcome:

First see this page for setting exclusions in Norton 360. If they don't work or you are still experiencing problems you may need to temporarily remove MBAM, turn off norton and readd the exclusions before enabling Norton.

http://forums.malwar...58

Please do the following and let us know if this corrects the issue for you or not.
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.

Location for Windows x86
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Location for Windows x64
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.
Edit: Reorginized instructions.

I'm not a staff member just another Malwarebytes' user.

Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday! :)

#5 BCDeb

BCDeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Actually, I had a chat with Norton, who came on my computer and checked my NIS out. They said it is working fine, that the conflict message can be ignored. Are you saying my MB is not working fine? We know there have been some serious issues with MB this week, and that the company is working on it. I assume this very first conflict message from NIS is connected with that, and that MB will get it sorted out. Am I mistaken? You really think I should follow the steps you have suggested?

#6 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

This message is in no way connected to what happened on the 15th with Malwarebytes....

Both should work fine together, you may have to enter exceptions so they can ignore each other...

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#7 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

As Firefox stated the issue was related to a bad update and this isn't related. First try the last link I posted and see if adding exclusions will work. If they don't try the cleanup tool.

#8 fryerlawrence

fryerlawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Actually, I had a chat with Norton, who came on my computer and checked my NIS out. They said it is working fine, that the conflict message can be ignored. Are you saying my MB is not working fine? We know there have been some serious issues with MB this week, and that the company is working on it. I assume this very first conflict message from NIS is connected with that, and that MB will get it sorted out. Am I mistaken? You really think I should follow the steps you have suggested?

See this post I made in the Norton Community Forum: http://community.nor...tes/td-p/913779 Tony_Weiss from Norton was looking into it. I had personal conversations with TWO Norton reps. They both suggested uninstalling MBAM, however the last rep. is going to keep the case open and follow-up later. Apparently this is now a valid issue for Norton to help out... so I dunno. Sorry... I am a brand new member and I seem to cannot get the "Enter" key to work or CTRL+B for bolding, and I tried hitting the Bold button on the symbols above... still nogo...lol

#9 fryerlawrence

fryerlawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

This message is in no way connected to what happened on the 15th with Malwarebytes.... By

Both should work fine together, you may have to enter exceptions so they can ignore each other...

How would you properly do that for Norton 360? By the way... MBAM did do a major install just the other day I noticed, and did not do a "normal" update as it normally would... could THAT be the issue?

#10 fryerlawrence

fryerlawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

How would you properly do that for Norton 360? By the way... MBAM did do a major install just the other day I noticed, and did not do a "normal" update as it normally would... could THAT be the issue?

Sorry... found the link... reading it now.... my bad :blink:

#11 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Making sure you got the right link here. :) I assume you mean the release of MBAM 1.75 on the 9th? This wasn't really a major update. The only thing that changed was the ability to scan inside archives.

#12 BCDeb

BCDeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

As Firefox stated the issue was related to a bad update and this isn't related. First try the last link I posted and see if adding exclusions will work. If they don't try the cleanup tool.

I am not running Norton 360, I just have NIS. I can't see a way to follow the instructions at the last link you posted in NIS, because NIS is not like Norton 360. So where do I put the exclusions in NIS? If you can tell me, I would appreciate it.

#13 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

We don't appear to have directions for Norton Internet Security and I haven't used Norton in years. A staff member or somebody who has it may be able to respond with appropriate instructions.

#14 fryerlawrence

fryerlawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sorry... found the link... reading it now.... my bad :blink:

I cannot find the last two files: 1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys 2. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys ... at first it was a navigation error on my part. Now that I have my bearings I cannot find them :blink: AND howz it that I cannot hit the "Enter" key and have it return while composing the post. I tried doing bullets and I cannot do that either. I can't even turn off this bolding...lol HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

#15 BCDeb

BCDeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

BTW, when it comes to file exclusions, I am a licensed user of MB, I do not even have this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

#16 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

You can safely ignore those files. Those files are actually under system32/drivers, but Windows directs you to syswow64 automatically which they are not present there.

Thanks Firefox for the clarification on mbamswissarmy.sys. :)

#17 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

The file mbamswissarmy.sys will not show up unless Malwarebytes is running with the GUI up.... but you can ignore those two files.

As for not being able to hit the enter key and have it return....

Its probably cause you are using IE10. You can fix that by either using IE10 in compatibility mode while on this forum or you can Toggle the edition mode to OFF

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives

#18 fryerlawrence

fryerlawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

You can safely ignore those files. Those files are actually under system32/drivers, but Windows directs you to syswow64 automatically which they are not present there.

Edit: I'm not sure MBAM uses mbamswissarmy.sys anymore. I think that might only be present during removal or specific times.

I would beg to differ with you they are in neither place :blink: ... however I will note that I am using the FREE version of MBAM... would this make a difference?

#19 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

They won't show up in Norton as you are using a 64 bit system, but if you don't see them when navigating through Windows Explorer like below then that may be a problem. If you don't see it like such you may need to use the cleanup tool and reinstall it.

Attached Images

• mbam.png

#20 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

fryerlawrence what is your OS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users