• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dagger

Dagger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi, I just built my first PC and I'm using Avast (free version) and paid version of Malwarebytes Pro. Everything has been going well until yesterday. I got a window that came up that said something like "Microsoft antivirus has found critical" something. I didn't write it down so I forgot what the rest said. I clicked it off, and when I went to shut down my computer, I had forgot to exit out of google and on the "Force shutdown" screen it said there was 1 virus on my computer.

I have ran tons of scans with Avast and MWBP full and quick and have found nothing. I'm pretty worried. ANd in my Malwarebytes logs, there are tons of "IP Block" messages.

#2 Dagger

Dagger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I forgot to add more. So I'm just wondering what I should do here. Do I have something? I'm pretty new to all of this. Should I just do a clean install of windows?

#3 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,031 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#4 Dagger

Dagger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

What is "order number" in the contact customer support page?

#5 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

What is "order number" in the contact customer support page?

That's only needed if you were a user of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro. It would be a number provided to you by Cleverbridge our ecommerce partner. If you're not a user of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, then you can just skip that part.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#6 Dagger

Dagger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

That's only needed if you were a user of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro. It would be a number provided to you by Cleverbridge our ecommerce partner. If you're not a user of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, then you can just skip that part.

I am a user of malwarebytes Pro. Okay, so I made those logs, where do I send them?

#7 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I am a user of malwarebytes Pro. Okay, so I made those logs, where do I send them?

Either post them in a new topic here or create a ticket on the helpdesk here. Which you choose is up to you, but only do one or the other.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#8 Dagger

Dagger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Either post them in a new topic here or create a ticket on the helpdesk here. Which you choose is up to you, but only do one or the other.

I responded to the support ticket email with my results. Is that okay?

#9 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I responded to the support ticket email with my results. Is that okay?

Yes, that's perfect, they should be with your soon :).
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users