#1 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,101 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

YouTube Starts Paid Subscription Service

Doesn't look like any threat to Netflix or Amazon to me at the moment but due to their size that could easily change in time. Just ask Kodak how waiting around in standby mode worked out for them. (though recently they've shown a comeback of sorts)

Youtube Paid Channels

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#2 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Think your right, for now I will stick with my Netflix...

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Amazon has every episode of Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 which I get to watch for free, and I get free shipping on a lot of my orders, so I'll stick with them. ;)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#4 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,101 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Netflix and Amazon both have some good stuff. I do like Netflix player better than Amazon's player though.

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#5 mountaintree16

mountaintree16

bird lover

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, music, birds, bird watching, walking, reading, animals, computer security, poetry...

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Amazon has every episode of Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 which I get to watch for free, and I get free shipping on a lot of my orders, so I'll stick with them. ;)

Yay Stargage SG-1! We own all the seasons & movies for SG-1 :) Great show!

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives.
It's what we do consistently.

Tony Robbins

#6 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Netflix and Amazon both have some good stuff. I do like Netflix player better than Amazon's player though.

Yeah, Amazon's player isn't very good. I usually experience the player having connection issues with the servers the videos are on, and it has to stop playing for a while and reconnect.

Yay Stargage SG-1! We own all the seasons & movies for SG-1 :) Great show!

I thought that the movie they did about Ba'al was extremely good. I can watch it over and over, and not get bored with it.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#7 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

YouTube's current selection doesn't seem very good. I do Netflix, Amazon, Vudu and I also purchase shows I can download via Amazon. I'm waiting for Amazon to offer movies in HD for download too. It's annoying that they only allow you to stream, and not to PC. Even Vudu allows that now (though you have to use their player unfortunately. With Amazon downloads, I can watch them in Windows Media Player, which is my preference).

Anyway, if Google wants to make any money off of this thing, they're going to need to get some real content. I don't think I've heard of any of the so called 'networks' they're listing.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users