YouTube Starts Paid Subscription Service

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

YouTube Starts Paid Subscription Service

Doesn't look like any threat to Netflix or Amazon to me at the moment but due to their size that could easily change in time. Just ask Kodak how waiting around in standby mode worked out for them. (though recently they've shown a comeback of sorts)

Youtube Paid Channels

Amazon has every episode of Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 which I get to watch for free, and I get free shipping on a lot of my orders, so I'll stick with them. ;)

Yay Stargage SG-1! We own all the seasons & movies for SG-1 :) Great show!

Netflix and Amazon both have some good stuff. I do like Netflix player better than Amazon's player though.

Yeah, Amazon's player isn't very good. I usually experience the player having connection issues with the servers the videos are on, and it has to stop playing for a while and reconnect.

Yay Stargage SG-1! We own all the seasons & movies for SG-1 :) Great show!

I thought that the movie they did about Ba'al was extremely good. I can watch it over and over, and not get bored with it.

YouTube's current selection doesn't seem very good. I do Netflix, Amazon, Vudu and I also purchase shows I can download via Amazon. I'm waiting for Amazon to offer movies in HD for download too. It's annoying that they only allow you to stream, and not to PC. Even Vudu allows that now (though you have to use their player unfortunately. With Amazon downloads, I can watch them in Windows Media Player, which is my preference).

Anyway, if Google wants to make any money off of this thing, they're going to need to get some real content. I don't think I've heard of any of the so called 'networks' they're listing.