Please run the following steps and post back all the logs as ATTACHMENTS by clicking on the More Reply Options button.
Please don't put logs in code or quote tags or copy/paste them into your reply unless you're unable to attach them.
Please enable your system to show hidden files: How to see hidden files in Windows
- If you're using Peer 2 Peer software such as uTorrent, BitTorrent or similar you must either fully uninstall them or completely disable them from running while being assisted here.
- Failure to remove or disable such software will result in your topic being closed and no further assistance being provided.
- If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now and read the policy on Piracy.
Backup the Registry:
Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.
- Please download ERUNT from one of the following links: Link1 | Link2 | Link3
- ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
- Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
- NOTE: Do not choose to allow ERUNT to add an Entry to the Startup folder. Click NO.
- Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
- Choose a location for the backup.
- Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.
- Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
- Click on OK
- Then click on YES to create the folder.
- Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe
Please download RogueKiller and save it to your desktop.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
- RogueKiller 32-bit | RogueKiller 64-bit
- Quit all running programs.
- For Windows XP, double-click to start.
- For Vista,Windows 7/8, Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start and when prompted allow it to run.
- Read and accept the EULA (End User Licene Agreement)
- Click Scan to scan the system.
- When the scan completes Close the program > Don't Fix anything!
- Don't run any other options, they're not all bad!!
- Post back the report which should be located on your desktop.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
- Right click over JRT.exe and select Run as administrator on Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click on XP.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply message
- When completed make sure to re-enable your antivirus
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode to your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- If prompted by the User Account Control click Yes to allow it to run.
- Under Actions click on the Delete button.
- Click OK on all prompts.
- You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the entire contents of that logfile to your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt where the number in brackets indicates how often it was run.
Please go here to run the online antivirus scannner from ESET.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activex control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
- Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
- Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
- Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
- The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.