Is youtube-mp3.org Safe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I have the most original name evar..

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hello, I just found out about youtube-mp3.org Its awesome been using for a day or so haven't run into any problems fast speed works fine, But I'm a little scared if it formatted my C: Drive, I'm easily paranoid. But I'm really scared What are your thoughts about it? -Minecrafter  

#2 CWB

CWB

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

hmmm ...

if you are specifically talking about : "YouTube mp3 1.0.4"

it is available as an add-on in FF , listed by the name i gave above and can be found by the "add-on search" in FF .

it shows as being ok ... no red flags from ESET , WOT , trafficlight and the FF built in checker .

all my downloads are scanned as they "arrive" by ESET ... nothing shows up in the downloaded files , the same after completion .

as with all things of this nature ... i do not condone nor promote circumventing copyright/protection laws ... period .

(i have used this service in the past to download some archived mp3 audio files that have nothing to do with music)

there are many look/sound alike names/programs products ... a few (!) of them are not (-*ahem*-) "friendly" .

i cannot stress this point strongly enough .

(a couple of them open up flagged/blocked pages along with the "downloader page")

"I'm a little scared if it formatted my C: Drive, I'm easily paranoid. But I'm really scared"

it is a good idea to be paranoid ... especially when treading in unknown waters .

make darn sure that your AV and other security measures are up to speed and rescan each file after downloading .

#3 Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have Bit defender paid and Kaspersky I've never had troubles with both of them at once anyway, Thanks for the help I feel a lot better now!=)

#4 J_J

J_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

youtube-mp3.org looks safe to me, except the ads, they are so intrusive.
I think there are a lot of kids around there that just click the ringtone maker button and get stuck with a monthly payment of €16  :angry2:
Personally i prefer the Firefox plugin or if that one is not available i like to use youtubemp3x

Hope this helps ^^

#5 Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yeah I use Firefox too, I have every AdBlock there is available for Firefox =) I never see ads on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users