Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition "hangs" PCs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 alrueda

alrueda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Baseball, Softball, Traveling.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

We purchased 1450 MEE licenses months ago and we haven't been able to deploy them due to a major problem, MEE causes the PCs to "hang" sometimes several times a day, I open a ticket with support and finally they told me to upgrade to the latest client MEE 1.75.0.1300 which did not solved the problem. The event viewer log is below.

Please Help

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: ServiceHang

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: SCCommService

P2: SCComm.exe"

P3: 0.0.0.0

P4: 10

P5: 2

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_SCCommService_198c993788611b6d57ea8ad613b9155a956bdb0_0f85b7ba

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0392a5bd-f4c1-11e2-b4e7-bc305bba4c1f

Report Status: 4

#2 CWilliams

CWilliams

Staff

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, softball, football, basically any sport I can play.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your issue with Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition. We are currently looking into your issue and there will be a ticket created on your behalf in our Support Ticketing System.

You can always submit tickets to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org or Log into our Ticketing system http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.com/login

From there you will be able to track and respond to our Support Staff.

Thank you.

Chris Williams
Sr. Technical Support

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 StrongmanTech

StrongmanTech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I just ran into this issue today on a newly build laptop. Installed all the system updates, then their default apps....   ... and MalwareBytes reported this error upon bootup.

This client is reporting extremely slow bootup times, and now I'm wondering if this is why.

#4 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,015 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

@StrongmanTech

It's probably best to follow the advice by Chris and open a ticket so that they can assist you and track your ticket. 

Is this the only system they are having issues with?

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

#5 tosborn

tosborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Any body resolve this?  I am having this issue as well.  I submitted a ticket but usually forums are a good place to find answers.

#6 SteveBancroft

SteveBancroft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Try changing the MEEClientService service to delayed startup.

#7 cwonsey

cwonsey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Has there been any resolution to this issue?  I am also having this problem, particularly at remote branch locations.  Intermittently, systems just hang and become completely unresponsive.  Mbamservice shows it using over 200k of the RAM, but ending that process does not help.  Also, Website Blocking on these PC's is disabled and immediately disables itself when you try to turn it on manually.

#8 ferndog

ferndog

Staff

• Moderators
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hello,

This is typically a result of contention between the MEE client software and other software which also launches on login/startup. The issue may be able to be handled by setting exclusions in MEE as well as on the other software application involved.

Please try changing the MEEClientService service to delayed startup.

On Windows Vista/7, go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. On Windows 8, type Services, click Settings, and select View Local Services from the list provided. Select MEEClientService, right-click to view Properties, and change Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Please let us know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Fernando

Product Support

Fernando Gil
Product Support

Posted Image

#9 michael83

michael83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hello,

This is typically a result of contention between the MEE client software and other software which also launches on login/startup. The issue may be able to be handled by setting exclusions in MEE as well as on the other software application involved.

Please try changing the MEEClientService service to delayed startup.

On Windows Vista/7, go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. On Windows 8, type Services, click Settings, and select View Local Services from the list provided. Select MEEClientService, right-click to view Properties, and change Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Please let us know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Fernando

Product Support

We deploy through the admin interface, so do we need to go to each branch (around 300 computers over 8 branches) and change this or can we somehow push it out as delayed start as we are having the same problem. We did a push to a smaller branch of around 12 computers which is ran good on no slow logins or anything for 2 weeks then we deployed it to several branches and once those PC's rebooted our helpdesk was flooded with calls from branches saying it was taking 30 - 45 minutes to login and reach their desktop. We do have Vipre running and did exclude all the malwarebytes files and directories from viper as did we do the same with malwarebytes so the two would avoid each other at all costs however it did not seam to work but the odd thing is it ran fine on one branch for two weeks, it wasn't until we started deploying that we had major issues with it. 

#10 ferndog

ferndog

Staff

• Moderators
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hello Mike,

Thank you. We currently have a ticket open for you of which we are working with you on this issue. Ticket 381245

Please continue to correspond through the ticket.

Thank you.

Fernando Gil
Product Support

Posted Image

#11 alrueda

alrueda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Baseball, Softball, Traveling.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hello everybody,

What a terrible disapointment with the MEE, after years of good service with the Pro version, the MEE just did not perform as espected, the protection was there but the problems were just to many to deal with, and top pay for them. MEE support was not able to provide a effective solution just keep trying the automatic delayed startup. So we did not renew our 1450 licenses. As soon as we removed MEE from our PCs things were back to normal. upper management was not happy with the product and I was the person who reccomended it. MEE let me down.

#12 Jcolagrossi

Jcolagrossi

Staff

• Moderators
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hi Alrueda,

We apologize for not being able to provide the solutions you needed.  If you like, I can review the cases you are referring to and see what I can piece together so we as a team can provide better support for the future. If you could provide the case numbers or send me a private message with your contact information so I can look up the cases, we would greatly appreciate it.  

Thank you. 

Jake Colagrossi
Product Support

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter Become a fan: Facebook

#13 hpetty

hpetty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Not sure if this helps at all but we were having the same issue with MEE until we adjusted the policy we were pushing remotely. If you edit the policy and go to the protection settings tab, you will see the startup delay option. If you uncheck that box under advanced settings, it will make a huge difference! We had several users contact help desk in regards to delayed startup and hangs. We haven't experienced the issue since we made the adjustment to the policy, or at least nobody has made us aware of the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users